One Last Engine to Build

Started by MiniDave, August 20, 2022, 01:10:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiniDave

More progress tonight, should be ready to put in the engine stand tomorrow, and running by Tues or Wed. Still have a few things left to fettle before I can fire it up, but it's getting close.

Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MiniDave

The engine is mounted in the stand and ready to crank up oil pressure, but it's -6* today so I'm going to wait till Monday when it will be back in the low 20's to fire it up - it's just too cold in the shop right now to do anything.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MiniDave

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MiniDave

It's alive!!!!

Video later today after I retorque the head and reset the valves......I had to adjust the oil pressure down a bit, it was idling at 80 psi. I set it to run 60-65 when warmed up, it now idles at 50 psi warm.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MiniDave

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Now onto your hot rod mini?  After the Inno electrical gremlins of course.

MiniDave

The owner picked up his new engine today.....he says there is nothing wrong with the one in his car, but it was time to refresh under the bonnet anyway, so he decided to go for it. This one should have about 20% more power than his old one, so there should be a noticeable uptick in performance.

Inno electrical and oil leaks next, then onto the hot rod, I'll need to get the shell up here so I can start cutting it apart......still need the motor to show up too.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad