What did you do in your shop today?

Started by MiniDave, September 23, 2018, 11:30:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiniDave and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

94touring

How could I forget...almost shit my self taking a shit at the shop.  Something aggressively hit my ass on an upward trajectory whilst sitting on the toilet.  There was a tree frog in there. I came up off the seat like a rocket ship.  Set him free outside.

Jims5543

I noticed my TRD CAI was on its last legs. The filter was dry rotted, the box was very brittle and cracking in a lot of places.

I decided to just get a K&N CAI to replace it as the TRD was about $500 vs $350 for the K&N.

My one issue, the K&N tells you to scavenge a fitting off the stock intake to use on it, I do not have the stock intake, only the TRD and that eliminated the need for the fitting, I was able to find the part number, Toyota wanted over $40 shipped, I found it OEM on Amazon for $20 shipped and it will be here tomorrow.  For now, I made an adapter out of some orange cap I had lying in my garage that fit the hole, sort of. I will feel better once the correct adapter arrives.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson