Arizona updates

Started by 94touring, January 16, 2010, 04:50:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

94touring

Well out here making things happen.  Have my China flight student contract 90% done and nearly approved.  Have an offer on a house submitted.  And starting tomorrow I have a few Vegas flights to pickup and drop people off.  Feels good!

MiniGene

Awesome!  I hope that you get the house.  Any pics?  How is the garage?

94touring

3 car garage, lol.  I'll wait to see if they take the offer, I know I'm competing with 2 other people. 

94touring

Got outbid on the house  :(  Gotta keep the search going. 

Have a meeting being scheduled in China where I'm suppose to present the school and what I have to offer.  Should be an eventful moment, since I'm really just trying to get some students here to keep me busy.  I'm really going all out this time, lol.  If I do end up going there and they like what I have to offer I will literally be coming back to the US with a million dollars.  Wish i got to keep all that...but planes cost money too.  Might be a good time to ask my boss for a raise though, hahaha. 

MiniGene

Sorry about the house.  There should be many more out there to choose from.

I have a cousin about our age who is a pilot...He used to work for some company that had him flying around China.

94touring

Still busy, still without house, and still without internet. 

joltfreak

Sorry about the house. but it could be a blessing in disgise.....a 3 car garage is not big enough ;)
check out the official website for updates!!!!! 

94touring

Ha, well still waiting to hear if we got out bid on the next house.  Funny market out here right now.  The apartment I'm in temporarily has some free wi fi floating around which is kinda nice. 

94touring

Should be moving in our house next weekend or so.  Looking forward to setting up my garage.   71.gif

MiniGene

Awesome!  Do you have any pics?

94touring

I have one that my wifey took with her blackberry.  We went over to see how bad the desert weeds have gotten.

MPlayle

She has been "upgraded" from GF to Wifey?  When did that happen?  Congratulations in order?

:-\
8.gif

94touring

I just call her the wifey.   ;)

MPlayle

Be careful about that.  In some of the "common law" states, that is enough for it to be considered official.

Quote from: MPlayle on March 20, 2010, 09:50:00 AM
Be careful about that.  In some of the "common law" states, that is enough for it to be considered official.

I think that's true for Texas, or so I've heard before. Isn't there also something about if you've lived together for a certain amount of time you're legally married?

Grats on the house! Looks great!

94touring

The moving has begun.   62.gif  Had a slight delay getting the key from the title company but they delivered it to us at work after I had a minor case of phone rage.   

Quote from: 94touring on March 30, 2010, 08:38:36 AM
phone rage.   
58.gif

I dunno why, but I busted out laughing when I read that. LOL!  22.gif

MiniGene

Sometimes that's just how you have to get sh!+ done! 

94touring

Haha yeah I'm not one for lolly gagging around.   20.gif   Got everything in the house today and out of storage and the other apartment.  Even had time to go to work for a few hours.  Hit the crap out of my back on the railing on the stair case moving a dresser up.  Nothing like taking a gouge of flesh off your spine right above your tail bone. 

MiniGene

Speaking of being an a-hole I had to be one to some douche at the airport this afternoon.  Went there to pick up my step daughter with the wife and kids.  At this one part of the airport where you wait for people to "arrive" there is ALWAYS some sort of hippie trying to solicit you for some damn thing; save the polar bears, rainforrest, etc etc.  Well, it never fails, they never seem to feel the need to just let me walk by and not bug me. 

Hippie <clip board in hand, all loud and cheery from about 20 feet away>: Hi folks! How's it going?
Me <in a loud, annoyed voice>: FINE AND WE'RE NOT INTERESTED IN WHATEVER IT IS YOU'RE DOING HERE!
Hippie: You don't want to help the children??
Me: NOPE!
Then as we kept walking I heard him say to his parnter in a defeated voice, "That's the third person today who said they didn't care about anything we're here for..."  AAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

My wife: Dang, you were a real jerk to that guy.
Me: Damn straight, woman.

94touring

lol.  I had a hippie in a pet store trying to sell me on organic cat food.   22.gif

Quote from: MiniGene on April 02, 2010, 09:02:56 PM

My wife: Dang, you were a real jerk to that guy.
Me: Damn straight, woman.

:D 22.gif I love it!

MiniGene

LOL Organic cat food!  Was it 10 bucks a can?

94touring

Yeah probably, I couldn't have cared less. ::)

Well anyways I've met all my surrounding neighbors and they are all extremely nice.  That makes me feel a little more comfy when I do any loud grinding or banging in the garage for short periods of time. 

Spent most the day painting the living room, kitchen, and dining area.  More rooms to go and a busy week ahead of me. 

Minicop

My job is to be a prick. I love it.