Edd China's Back!

Started by MiniDave, May 01, 2018, 03:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiniDave

With his own show - Edd China's Garage Revival. I'm looking forward to it!

Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

That's great   I Just posted here last week wondering about what he was doing and when he would surface. That didn't take long!
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

ve9aa

This is awesome news.

Edd's the man !
Mike in NB

30 minutes in a Mini is more therapeutic than 3 sessions at the shrink.

gr8kornholio

So when's he touring the states?  9.gif
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

BruceK

So, where can we see this new show?   

And, anyone else notice that the premise of this show seems awful lot like the Velocity show, Garage Squad?   (i.e. van arrives with expert(s) to help car enthusiast with stalled project)   Still, I'd watch Edd China (or James May) doing any kind of work.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

gr8kornholio

Years ago there was a similar show. Can't recall the name though.

"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

ve9aa

I was thinking garage squad too, you're right.  What was that other one...wasn't "chop/cut/rebuild" was it?

Some of those car shows have WAAAY too much drama for me and I watch them once; maybe twice.

The Wheeler Dealers is far less Drama.  Edd China tries to stick with the facts and for that reason, I watched it.

There are likely a dozen car shows I refuse to watch, but I am sorta likin' "Iron Resurrection" out of Texas I think it is.  Much less drama, but a little bit of BS too, which I don't care for.  No show is perfect for everyone :-(
Mike in NB

30 minutes in a Mini is more therapeutic than 3 sessions at the shrink.

gr8kornholio

That's the Martin Brothers. shop.  They were huge in the custom chopper era, Ive been enjoying their show.  Actually stopped by their shop while we were in Fredericksburg.

MiniDave

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

gr8kornholio

Looks like it said "pilot" in there somewhere.  Maybe putting it out to see the response before they go full fledged production run.

MiniDave

I'll bet they have several already done and more to come, dunno if this is just a YouTube only deal or what......

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

I finally watched this pilot episode.  It was okay, but it seemed a little dry and stiff. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

Looks like it's going to take a slightly different direction, with him and another professional going to tackle the complete restoration of a 68 E-type. From the pics I saw, it's in really terrible condition too......

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad