Back from VA with a mini

Started by 94touring, November 25, 2009, 03:59:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiniGene

Nice work!  You move pretty fast.  How many hours was all that work?  Are you doing a complete respray?

94touring

Haven't really kept track of time, but roughly 21 hours so far.  Yep, doing a full respray. 

MiniGene

94touring

BRG, picked up the paint this morning.  All masked off , cleaned, sanded, and ready to start primering and continue the prep process.  If i'm lucky tomorrow night I'll have it ready for the final spray. 

94touring

More prepping and primering today.  Got a coat of BRG on it before I called it a day.  Tomorrow I'll have it finished and put back together the following day after the clear hardens.  Waiting on new door hinges to arrive so I can mount the doors also, since the drivers side were shot and sagging. 

MiniGene

So what do you like better, flying or restoring Minis?

Are you towing it back up to VA when you're done?

94touring

Coinsidently the owner is building a house in Wilmington and will be here this summer to take it to its new home. 

As far as flying or restoring minis....tough one.  I feel very sore after 3 or 4 days of solid non stop work.  I do like fixing up a mini though and the various challenges that come up unexpectedly. 

94touring

TA DA...

scottb6058

Your a madman!
Go for it but try not to burn out.
Great economical job.
Best regards Scott ;)
My idea with this big project is to take it back in time with the patina it deserves, some pitted chrome, all original brocade maybe a scuff or stain but all there.

MiniGene

Nice work, Dan!  Do you plan to keep doing this in Arizona?  With the dry air rust should be minimal on Minis and the restorations should be a breeze for you.

94touring

Well thanks!  :) 

I'll do them as they come up if anyone is ever interested in throwing a project my way and some cash.  Other than that, my pickup is on the to do list.  Gotta get it to AZ and still house hunting/garage hunting.  One neighborhood I'm looking at probably would frown on me grinding and welding away unless I keep it low key. 

94touring

Update:  Kevin the owner was very happy with the outcome on the car.  Apparantly was all smiles and got to drive the car around some.  Sending him one of my tow bars to haul the car to his new house since he had a brake line burst a couple days before I left.  Didn't have time to order new parts to fix it before my departure. 

94touring

Got this picture this morning from the owner and his wife.  Wanted to share it.   4.gif