84' Mayfair to D16 VTEC

Started by richgilberto, January 27, 2018, 04:14:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richgilberto

Quote from: BruceK on February 07, 2018, 08:30:48 AM
I like number 2.  I agree with Brad - a big tach isn't really needed. I used a 52mm tach in a Traveller I owned and it was perfectly easy to read.  On my car I had the usual central speedo sitting in the oval flanked by the tach on the right and a combo oil/temp gauge on the left (It was RHD) so it looked mostly stock.

I like that combination of gauges, but I cannot find that combo gauge in an electric style. I don't want to be running an oil line to my dashboard...

BruceK

Quote from: richgilberto on February 07, 2018, 01:45:10 PM
Quote from: BruceK on February 07, 2018, 08:30:48 AM
I like number 2.  I agree with Brad - a big tach isn't really needed. I used a 52mm tach in a Traveller I owned and it was perfectly easy to read.  On my car I had the usual central speedo sitting in the oval flanked by the tach on the right and a combo oil/temp gauge on the left (It was RHD) so it looked mostly stock.

I like that combination of gauges, but I cannot find that combo gauge in an electric style. I don't want to be running an oil line to my dashboard...

Yeah.  Both were mechanical on my car - oil line and capillary temperature line.   Never had a problem, but I understand your concerns.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

richgilberto

I'm not a huge fan of them. I know they're not cheap gauges but they seem it compared to smiths. And with gauges it's either all or nothing and I'm set on the magnolia Mini speedometer.

richgilberto

I know it's been a long time, but I'm back from deployment and the Mini has seen significant progress. I'll take a photo of the dash soon to show you what gauge cluster I went with  25.gif

MiniDave

Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Willie_B

I was just wondering about you the other day. Glad your back.

MiniDave

Did MiniTec finally come thru with an engine package for you?
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad