getting hit by the spammers tonight

Started by 94touring, October 23, 2009, 06:48:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

94touring

They are trying to infiltrate the site, lol.  Up to 29 right now and I've gotten several contacts from the online contact form that forwards to my email with a bunch of wierd code and jiberish.   

I haven't had a spam sandwich in a while. Sounds good right now for some reason, don't ask me why. lol

MPlayle

Where do you find those cat pictures?  They are hilarious!! :D :D :D

Lol! I have some of them on my macbook, but mostly I just do google image searches or use photobucket. Got that one off photobucket, I remember seeing it somewhere and just searched 'spam' on photobucket and walla! There it be. The interwebz have everything nowa days

Oh yeah, forgot about icanhascheezburger.com, has more Lol cats than you can even imagine!

94touring

Mplaye- When you guys at MOT get things setup it would be a good idea to verify users as they register to reduce the spam.  Usually I get a few spam member registrants a week, but starting last night every 5-30 minutes I get a bogus notification from my contact link to submit projects.  Since I have my blackberry chime every time I get an email I'll be temporarily disabling that link.  Driving me crazy.     

MPlayle

Dan,

I had figured we would start with tight security/registration constraints when we brought the site up for those very reasons.  I remember this thread and thinking about that back then.  I also remember we had a few pop up from the test site when first playing with it.  Those stopped when I "locked" it down to require manual registration by an admin.

It has been a long slow process to begin moving forward, but we are "Not Dead Yet!"

:)