Respray back to original paint worth the money?

Started by Coalhod, January 23, 2021, 12:12:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coalhod

Hello; I had my car painted British racing green a while ago due to the original paint (Smoke Grey with White roof) having faded and I was unaware of compounds that could bring the paint back to almost new.

Apologies if this has been discussed before, but does having the original color on it increase/decrease the value?  The car is not original anyway so it may be just a subjective matter.

Thanks in advance,
Andrew

MiniDave

IMHO, unless it's some color really obnoxious then it's completely subjective. If you like it, that's all that matters.

although, those greys have def gained favor again lately.

Are you going to paint it again? If so, I might be tempted to go back to the original color (if you like that color) but otherwise the BRG is fine!

There are probably a dozen different BRG's, mine is metallic - "Racing Green" two versions right here - my car is in the foreground. Mine has more blue tint, the other one more yellow in it, to my eye.

Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Coalhod

Dave thanks!  BTW your cars look sweet!  I probably will at least paint the roof white and go from there.  Doubtful if I will ever sell the car so yes more of a subjective matter.

MiniDave

Only the first one is mine, the other was up for some work....

Your car looks terrific! You know, white is not the only color that might look good on that top - I can see a whole bunch of colors that would work with that - since it's yours, let your imagination run a bit! You might consider doing a wrap too, just to try out a color.....
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad