Wiring help

Started by ADRay, May 18, 2024, 03:31:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ADRay

I am putting my car wiring back together after disconnecting the main and rear harnesses to remove them from the engine bay. Overall, my physical and mental notes were about 95% efficient. I'm left with a couple of bullet connectors on wires where the colors don't match. On the female end, I have a double Green White, and a single Green White. On the male end, I have a Red Black, Green Red and a Green Brown. I also have this other Red Black wire that attaches to the bottom left blade on the fuse box that I can't figure out where it goes. The wiring is a pretty hacked up 1982 Mini 1000 HL. The wiring diagram in the Haynes has no Red Black. Any help is welcome, please see pics.
1982 Mini 1000 HL
@andyray998

bikewiz

Two sources I found very helpful with my wiring.
https://www.theminiforum.co.uk/forums/topic/324929-wire-diagrams-redrawn/
https://www.theminiforum.co.uk/forums/topic/263927-bs-au7-full-wiring-codecolours/

According to the BS-AU7: Red Black Parking switch to left-hand side lamp

You may need to login to The Mini Forum to find the redrawn wire diagrams.
Alternatively search the Google as follows. site:theminiforum.co.uk wire diagrams redrawn

The BS-AU7 is on their site under frequently asked questions.

OF course this is assuming someone in the past 45 years didn't just "use a bit of wire I had laying about....."

I hope this helps, the car is looking better every day!

ADRay

Thanks George, this is helpful.

Also, I was able to determine the side marker light wire - however, my car doesn't have side markers. My Subaru has several "never used" harnesses so maybe the side marker light wire is unused for my application, but it also looks like it was plugged into something at some point.

This has been the most mysterious part of the rebuild 😬
1982 Mini 1000 HL
@andyray998

MPlayle

Your car may have had the side marker lights at one time.  They may have been left out if/when the fenders were replaced at some point in time?