Just damn

Started by Willie_B, November 05, 2019, 03:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willie_B

Lady rolled a stop sign in a grocery store parking lot and hit my left side door. Looks like the outer door skin took all of the hit. At least it was a very low speed impact. Not being a very trusting type I told her I am calling for the police for a police report as there was minimal damage to her car, just a few scuffs. I did not want any chance for  denial afterwards that it was not her. First trip to an Allstate suggested shop in the morning for an estimate.

It may be time that I use the two doors I got from Dave a few years back. Both of my doors are cracked when the window track meets the door at both front and rear sides.

94touring

No damage to the rear quarter or A panel huh?  That certainly sucks! 

MiniDave

Time for that paint job you've been putting off?

Glad you're ok. Good idea to get an official police report - for just the reason you say.

Right hand drive saved you a sore shoulder or hip?
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

That really sucks Brad. Glad you are okay. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

MiniDave

Your cell phone is your best asset when something like this happens, photos of the approach, departure and her license plate would pretty much make it hard for her to deny she was there.

All you need are 27 8X10 color, glossy photographs with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one explain what each one was to be used as evidence against her!   :D

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Jimini II

That sucks Brad, glad you are okay.
Regarding the window frames it is a very common failure point on Minis from what I have seen.

BruceK

Quote from: MiniDave on November 06, 2019, 11:55:10 AM

All you need are 27 8X10 color, glossy photographs with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one explain what each one was to be used as evidence against her!   :D

Hey, I got that reference!  ;D
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

MiniDave

You may have been the only one...... ::)

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Willie_B

I got also. Made for a good smile of remembrance.

MPlayle

Bruce and Brad aren't the only ones that got the reference.

19.gif

jeff10049

was it, officer Obie that showed up?

MiniDave

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Willie_B

Quote from: Whee on November 08, 2019, 12:17:56 PM
Quote from: jeff10049 on November 08, 2019, 12:48:15 AM
was it, officer Obie that shoed up?

You guys are talking a foreign language here...
Listen to Arlo Guthrie, Alice's Restuarant  sometime.

MiniDave

You can get anything you want....

It's a fairly long play, and you have to remember the era it was done in, late 60's, when the Vietnam war was on and people did NOT want us over there, but the gummint would not listen.

Go here.... 

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

What's the latest with this?

Willie_B

Just got the check in the mail yesterday. The doors I got from Dave have been blasted clean of paint and ready to go. All other bits from rubber to new hinges have arrived too. Waiting to hear from the shop when to bring it in. He said probably after the new year. It is still driveable so I don't mind waiting as the weather has been good to drive it.

Willie_B

Take the mini in Thursday the 2nd. Both doors will be replaced. Not sure if I will have other work done. Depends on the cost.

Willie_B

Went to the body shop today to put door hardware on that I took off. The lock part is not quite right but the door should latch so they can be hung. Used DSN hinges, they sure are nice. So the rest of the car that did not get painted after the last accident got done this time. From the A panels on both sides and across the back. They even painted the inside of the boot lid. All the other cars in the shop are American cars of varying vintages so I think they enjoyed a change. They did more than we talked about when I dropped it off. The down side is the doors were off for a week in the middle of a busy shop so will need some cleaning when I get it home.

94touring

New paint is always nice, I bet you're happy you got hit now!  Mytmouse has those hinges on his car and they felt good from what I remember.

Willie_B

Just got the car back home. Now to get the door insides completed and working right. Several other things on the to do list also but it sure does look great.

MiniDave

Good news, you'll be ready for the April Texas trip then.....

Now you need to get the Moke down there to the paint shop too!   77.gif

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Willie_B

Hope to get a quote for media blasting the moke. That place is in the building next to the place that painted the mini. The paint place they can spray the primer as soon as it is stripped.