Edd China’s Workshop Diaries video series

Started by BruceK, April 12, 2021, 08:06:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiniDave

OMG Edd, just buy a new tank for dogs sake!!!!!  :D

I know guys who have simply put a bunch of gravel into a dry tank and put it in a cement mixer, 20 min later, clean as  pin inside.
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

BruceK

Messing with the subframe.

Interesting how Edd explains that the subframe is made kind of sloppily, but they get away with it by ensuring the attachment points are exact.

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

ve9aa

Looks like Edd has the "Orange" steering pretty well now.
In the last ~10 minutes of the video, I had to suffer through probably 7 or 8 ads a minute apart. UGH-frustrating !

I hate youtube for that.

Do you guys have some kind of pop-up blocker built into youtube, or is it just that I am in Canada that I am subject to that cr@p?

I watch Noraly "Itchy Boots" bike/travel videos and most of her 20-25min videos contain a single ad, unlike Edds which contain well over a dozen....sometimes 30-45seconds apart.
Mike in NB

30 minutes in a Mini is more therapeutic than 3 sessions at the shrink.

MiniDave

I don't know why, but I don't get any ads in You Tube videos anymore - I used to and it would frustrate me so badly that I quit watching them.

Do you guys post videos to YouTube? I  post all my engine vids there - most of them are very short - 3 min or so - but I have quite a few on there. I wonder if this makes any difference?

I do run Ad Block and Ad Block II......which confounds me in other ways as many sites won't open unless you disable the ad blocker - which I never do, so sometimes I can't read an article that I would like to - but to me it's worth it not having to see endless ads and pop ups.

The advertising thing has gotten completely out of hand. I was at a large mall the other day and the white parking strips had ads on them!!!!!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

gr8kornholio

Could be do to if you are signed into an account or if you are just on you tube random and watching videos.   Or if you are subscribed to a channel or not. 
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

BruceK

I actually watch a lot of YouTube videos on my living room TV (with an Amazon Fire Stick) and I still see ads, but nearly all of them have the capability to click in the lower right hand corner (via the remote) and skip the ad after five or ten seconds or so.  Of course, some ads don't have this capability but at most I'm seeing a 15 to 30 second ad that I have to watch all the way through. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

Just watched the last episode of the orange ball Mini repairs, I would like to have one of those caster/camber gauges - pretty low tech yet seems to do the job!

The device he used to set the toe-in is how I used to do it way back when (late 60's), we had one from Snap-On that was wide enough to drive both wheels over and read both at the same time.

I'm going to post the link to the episode I watched - there were no ads in it.....although it says at the top "includes paid promotion" I assumed that meant the product placements? I didn't catch the road sign before!   ;D

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

My mind is blown learning that the ice cream machine is normally run via a very complicated PTO. What?!

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

Me too!

Makes sense that they have to run it off something - generator is what I assumed - but off a PTO?

No wonder he wanted to change it - the idea of easting ice cream that smelled of diesel fuel is not appealing

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad