A new game... Post pics from your cel phone V.1.0

Started by Jims5543, March 10, 2014, 07:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BruceK

Yup. This is a real listing on Zillow I just came across while browsing.    I wonder if there's a cross street with Nocturnal Emissions Lane.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

94touring

MiniDave

Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

I know many people went crazy today about the eclipse, but where I live it was only at 75% so not too much interest here.  I went outside and it was really freaky looking because it was full sunshine, but only 1/4 normal brightness.  The sunlight coming through the trees made little eclipse shapes on the ground. 

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

94touring

gr8kornholio

That's pretty cool looking.  A couple of guys from work brought in their telescopes and filters so we could actually look at it.  I was surprised how bright it still was even at 75% coverage.  It did get slightly cooler without the full heat of the sun beating down.
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

MiniDave

We got to see the whole magilla - in between thunderstorms - it was interesting, the change in the quality of the light was fascinating to see - it got dark enough that the parking lot lights came on - for 1 minute, then they went off again as it got light again. We were up north at the auction so we had a huge parking lot to observe from.

30 miles south at my house Rose said it didn't really get that dark, but that she noticed the cicada's got a lot louder during the event - I guess they thought it was getting dusk or evening time?

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MiniDave

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Dmulder

What is it supposed to be and where did you see it?
"In like a lamb, Out like a lion."

MPlayle

I seem to recall seeing a posting about that creation a while back.  The builder was in Australia.

I don't remember any other details.

MiniDave

Seen on the interwebz...but someone took its pic with their cell, so I thought it qualified...   ;D

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

Thumbing through photos on my phone, I came across these from MiniMeet West last year.   My Mini effectively standing in the role of "before" next to the "after".  ;D
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

Humans can enjoy rainbows... but dogs aren't all that impressed. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

Jims5543

My day yesterday:

- got rained on
- had a tree frog on my head for god knows how long until it moved and freaked me out
- house I was measuring had plants up against house on 3 sides, I had to push through them, I was covered in bugs when I was done
- I stepped in the worst smelling dog shit I have ever had the pleasure of sniffing.

At least my day was better than this moles.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

MiniDave

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Jims5543

Nah, those Texas folk are resilient. Lets run with that theme.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

gr8kornholio

So did anyone else think the fence kind of looked like a middle finger to what's going on around him. 
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

94touring

Jims5543

When your buddy has a S14 addiction and you are OK with it.

What a blast to drive, I got to take it for a quick spin over a few miles. Got to wind out that screaming hand built 4 cylinder engine.

What a sound!  Handled amazing as well.

Still like the torque / power / sound of my 2.8 liter 6 cylinder swapped 318, but I have to admit, I could fall in love with that car.

94touring

94touring

MiniDave

Found a nice ripe tomato at the foot of my pin oak tree. I had no idea tomatoes grew on oak trees!   ;D

It's also interesting as no one in my 'hood grows tomatoes......

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Maybe a squirrel. Jens dad grows tomatoes and the squirrel sit them in the trees.