Booze thief strikes again

Started by 94touring, October 18, 2015, 02:51:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

94touring

Somewhere in either the drunk thread or cell phone pic thread I told a story of a older gentleman in my DC crashpad that took it upon himself to drink my entire bottle of 151 rum one night.  This earned him the name Booze Thief.  Next day I confronted him and he bought me a new bottle.  Since this time I've endured a few oddities with this guy.  First off it's just him and I in a room.  Cell mates you may call it.  He constantly keeps the t stat set on 40.  That's right 40.  I didn't complain about it, I just went and bought a big blanket.  Next is he occasionally smells like shit.  Odors offend me, but I bought febreeze.  Another fun quality of booze thief is he talks in his sleep, once even crying.  Disturbing and disruptive.  But the best is that he's constantly in his tighty whitey fruit of the looms.  I see this guys twig n berries more than I see my own.  Do I throw a fit, no I just look the other way and mind my business.  I'm friendly in fact, even after the booze incident.  Well that changed.  Last night I'm down a floor with a lady friend in 1006.  Our landlord comes in that runs that crashpad as well and sees me sitting there enjoying a nice cocktail I had made and ask if I'm the guy bringing girls to 1108.  Well yeah probably, what seems to be the problem ma'am?  She explains some guy wants advance notice cause he doesn't want to be seen in his underwear.  She's rolling her eyes and annoyed by the request and goes on to say she doesn't understand the problem since guest are allowed between certain hours ect...  I agree.  Not like I have a club going on or overnight chick's staying.  Needless to say I'm heavily annoyed for a couple reasons.  First off we're adults and I've always been a face to face solve your problems kinda guy.  Not go tattle to the lady who runs the crashpad you take issue with someone.  Next, I'm not breaking any rules and I'm certainly not going to ask permission to bring a guest up because you feel like walking around in your undies.  So...I got up off the couch and went upstairs to resolve said issues.  Walk in and 3 guys are sitting on the couch.  I ask if any of them have a problem with me bringing a girl up.  They all say oh no no no.  Then I walk to my room where booze thief resides.  He works nights and will be getting up around this time.  Flip on the light and ask him if he has a problem.  He goes well just this once coming out of the bathroom...and that's pretty much where all of my pent up angst exploded and I blew a gasket.  Now here I am chewing this guy in his tighty whiteys a new one.  Long story short I won't be giving notice and he will be putting on his pants.  I flipped the light off upon my exit.  Today I'll need to have a better talk and probably apologize for the outburst, but he will be reminded that we're not making up new rules and if he has issues he can take them up directly with me. 

Jims5543

Good for you Dan. Whitey tightey sounds like a real winner.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

94touring

Not sure what else I was supposed to do really.  He already got a pass on stealing as far as I'm concerned.  I let him be a weird guy and don't bust his chops.  Then he expects a grown man to come to him to let him know if a girl will be in the place cause he's in his underwear?  Forces her to write an anonymous note on the rules.  Give me a break. 

Shrimps

Can you ask for a new cell mate?  I'm not one that typically believes in the grass is greener thing but if you can get a good one it sure would make your time there less traumatic!

Jims5543

Quote from: 94touring on October 18, 2015, 08:30:02 AM
Not sure what else I was supposed to do really.  He already got a pass on stealing as far as I'm concerned.  I let him be a weird guy and don't bust his chops.  Then he expects a grown man to come to him to let him know if a girl will be in the place cause he's in his underwear?  Forces her to write an anonymous note on the rules.  Give me a break.

I would make it a point of saying "Put on some fucking pants" every time he is walking around in his panties.

Yes, I wrote panties, no way this "man" wears underwear.

Speaking of which, wife bought me a few pairs of Tommy John underwear as a gift.  I know they are spendy but well worth it.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

94touring

Actually that was one of the things I said verbatim. 

And pics or it's not true!

94touring

Quote from: Shrimps on October 18, 2015, 09:55:14 AM
Can you ask for a new cell mate?  I'm not one that typically believes in the grass is greener thing but if you can get a good one it sure would make your time there less traumatic!

Can't help but think of Jim Carrey on me myself and Irene when he's on the train and says something like "warden I need a new cell".

Jims5543

What I learned from all of this is that Dan is the man, creating problems with his harem of women streaming through his crash pad.

Even having the woman in charge chasing him down in another womans crash pad to inform him he is indeed a player.

I have a tear in my eye.... mostly from being married for 26 years...   ;D

94touring

Lol.  It's a tough life but someone has to do it.  It was kinda funny she said "girls" in front of the girl I was with.  "What's she mean girls?"

LilDrunkenSmurf

Dumb question, but what's a crashpad?

94touring

In the airline bizz it's where a group of employees based in a city all chip in to pay for an apartment.  This is opposed to getting hotels.  Since I'm a reserve captain and spend half my week sitting in Dc it's more cost effective to pay for a crash pad instead of getting hotels.  Once I'm a line holder I'll just go back to a hotel once a week. 

Shrimps

Next question; what's a line holder?

94touring

Line holder just means I'm senior enough to bid for lines of flying.  A set schedule sorta speak. 

LilDrunkenSmurf

Jims5543

Quote from: LilDrunkenSmurf on October 20, 2015, 06:14:11 AM
I like planes.

Anyone else find it ironic that the Lil Drunken Smurf has shown up in this thread?

LilDrunkenSmurf

All my booze is legit. Gotta pay to play.

MPlayle

He/She needs to be over on the "Drunk" thread as well.

94touring

Jims5543

LOL!!!   :D

I an dying laughing.  Wow!! 2 Bunks (4 people) to a room?   I hope that is cheap.

We almost got testied in a pic....  Nice...

94touring

3 bunks 6 people!  I have sheets up around mine for privacy.  Yeah they are cheap after you divide it amongst each other. 

94touring

We just had our first chat since the yelling.  Everything seems good.  He even complimented the wood watch I wear. 

Merlin

Speaking of wood watch... Even in college I wore shorts.
Engineering the Impossible

Jims5543

94touring

Someone sent me this pic.  Reminded me of BT. 

MPlayle

Keep a very close eye on your watch.  Remember, he complimented you rum choice then drank all your bottle.  Now he is complimenting your watch ... ?

(Yes, I'm being paranoid.  I had bad "roommate" experiences in college.  No roommates since.)