I'm banned from MiniMania

Started by MtyMous, December 16, 2015, 05:00:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MtyMous

Well I got a lovely little email from Jemal today saying that he has banned me until we can resolve our issues. I told him my issue was with him and a whol lot of other stuff that he does. I told him he is the one that keeps derailing threads and provoking me, and I wouldn't waste my time groveling for him to un-ban me. Looks like this will be my new permanent home.

I told him I thought it was ridiculous that he banned me for asking him to contact me offline after I had contributed to a thread and he just waltzed in with nothing to add and started making provoking comments towards me. Especially considering there were numerous threads made (and not even by me) to ban other members. Then once that member was banned, he laughed it off when the person returned... that person was banned AGAIN, and he has welcomed him back for a 3rd... or 4th.. or... god knows how many times that moron has come back. If he chooses to lift the ban... great. If not... whatever.

So with that said, I have to ask... am I perceived as a raging asshole? Someone should probably tell me if I am so I don't infect this forum as well. I'll share the email traffic if anyone is really interested, but I'm really only starting this thread to get your feedback on whether you think I should have been banned and if I need to change the way I come off on this forum.

MiniDave

You seem OK to me.....but I didn't read your thread on MM...
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Just post here.  Screw those bastages. 

MtyMous

Oh, I fully intend to keep posting here. You guys are the home of my build thread. Lol.

He's got some superiority complex about him and I'm just not willing to kiss his shoes.

The post that got be banned is in the "Classic Mini legal issues" thread over there. I have no idea where that all came from, but I hope that place gets their crap together before they go bankrupt and fall completely apart. I don't know how Don allows that guy to get away with the crap he pulls.

Willie_B

You are just politicly  incorrect and are not too worried about what others think. Good for you. A spade is a spade, but sometimes it's just  a friggin shovel.  77.gif

MiniDave

I do not understand this Triggerboy/Boison guy, what a maroooon.

And why does he feel it's necessary to pop into every thread and give such ridiculous advice?

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Dmulder

Mtymouse, I've found you to be nothing but helpful and at times entertaining in the way you speak truth. I appreciate your input and if people have a hard time when you say things on a forum they need to grow up and get their panties out of a bunch.
"In like a lamb, Out like a lion."

MPlayle

Jemal supporting Boison is why I completely stopped posting over there.

When Don and company seem to be out racing, Jemal takes over as an a-hole stirring things up and doing things like banning MtyMous and others he starts stuff with.

94touring

Bans normal people yet unbans idiots.   8.gif 11.gif

MtyMous

Well I'm glad I've at least got a motley crew here to hang out with. haha.

I agree with all of your points. I'm not a very politically correct person, but compared to some of the guys I work with, I do hold my tongue quite well. The military works a bit differently, and I call it like it is most times. But I also try to remain respectful. I'm fully aware of what I don't know. But if I have something I think is constructive or an addition to the conversation, I try to share. I told Jemal that I disagree with him, but I still respect his knowledge and experience. The fact that he can't respect MY experience and knowledge is what pisses me off.

He has since sent me another email saying he did it just to get my attention and he has already un-banned me... what a joke. I'll spend next week in the garage building the short block and transmission on Tink with parts I DIDN'T buy from MiniMania.

John Gervais

Cool!   4.gif

What amazes me also is that I never got banned, not even when my conversational tone became more 'colorful' and primitive. 

I've not posted very often since Tony returned to MM, I figured that it's operation lost cause and I've got better things to do than jerk around with a bunch of fools.  There aren't too many 'good guys' left over there, so it's no big deal for me. 

If Don wants to sh*t where he eats, so be it - there are plenty of places to get advice, inspiration and parts.

So, my mini has been parked pretty much since, I've rekindled a new hobby/interest - trout fishing - but this time it's sea trout on light tackle.  Woohoo!  Tons of fun!  (A bit cold, though, standing in waders in the frigid ocean chop - the grunions just don't like it...)
- Pave the Bay -

MPlayle

I honestly think the Racine's don't get on and read their own forum anymore.  They leave the forum's management to their "employees" like Jemal.

Jims5543

I only know you on here and you seem like a good guy to me so no, you are not coming across as a raging asshole.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

MtyMous

I'm the same guy over there. But there are a lot of jerks over there that feel they know everything and no one else can possibly know how to do what they do... or heaven forbid a different/better way. haha

TJF

I haven't spent a dime at MM since maybe like 2004 or so when I bought new headlights and they shipped me the incorrect parts. I sent them back and then they sent the correct parts. I ended up paying for shipping three times for their mistake. After that I decided to not give them any more money.

Not sure what the deal is with the forum over there and how they coddle boisson. Perhaps he is a MM plant just to try to drum up traffic?

Shrimps

I lurk on both forums (not as much recently on either) but I feel that you post when you think you can add value to a thread.  Which is the way it ought to be.  I've appreciated your fresh perspective on things and "thinking outside the box".  Your HID headlights (that you recently sold) is a perfect example

I'm not sure why Jemal has such a crush on boison but he has definately gone out of his way to defend the guy.  Early on I was one whom contacted Jemal voicing my opinion that he needed to do something about the guy.  Little did I know they would ultimately start dating!

MM members have a lot of tribal knowledge about the quirkyness of the cars, which can be nice when troubleshooting, but what annoys me are the number of "Mini snobs" over there.  The guys that think a Mini isn't worth jack crap unless it's some super rare all original model.  Several years ago I talked on the phone with a regular MM poster.  Wow, what a one sided conversation that was.  All he did was talk about how long he'd been into Mini's, how many he's owned over the years and how he has this or that rare such and such model.  To me a Mini is a Mini.  I like them all because they're all Mini's.  Even an 850 model!

Heaven for bid somebody posts a picture on MM with a fan on backwards, or doesn't have the proper "S" script/emblem or whatever, or gasp, has something that Issigonis didn't do from the factory!

94touring

You mean to say some of you don't have concourse show minis using only oem parts? 

MiniDave

And yet MM is big into other parts themselves, KAD stuff, heck, they even sell Vtec kits......

I'm not really a part of that community, so it's no big loss to me. I appreciate that they warehouse millions of $$$$ of Mini parts for us and for that they have to make a profit, but yikes this stuff is expensive there.

It would be one thing if I could get my order a lot quicker from them, but stuff comes in 3 days from England and it takes 4 days from them in California!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MPlayle

MiniDave,

Mini Mania's website makes it "seem" like they have a huge inventory.  You almost always have to call to ensure they actually have the parts in stock.  They have SLOWLY gotten better about removing the listings for parts they have not actually carried for a long time, but there still tends to be a LOT of parts listed that they no longer really carry.  Most of their parts come from the same UK suppliers we can order directly from (such as Mini Spares).

jeff10049

MPlayle Beat me to it, I my experience (when I used to buy from them) they don't stock much of anything they wait until you order to make their order from the uk. I learned to click on the live help button and ask is this part in stock ready to ship? The answer has almost always been no even for the most common items.
I had a $3,000.00 wish list that I had them check stock on out of the entire list they had 1 upper rebound bumper in stock. went over to seven they had everything except 1 wire clip for the washer bottle that came a few days later and my $3,000.00 order went down to 2,400.00.

Like Mtymous I took about 10k of business elsewhere figure I saved about 3k in doing so.

BTW I award you 10 good karma points Mtymous for calling a spade a spade.

Jeff

MiniDave

Quote from: MPlayle on December 27, 2015, 02:38:03 PM
  Most of their parts come from the same UK suppliers we can order directly from (such as Mini Spares).

I know, I get almost everything from Mike at Mini Sport...and like I said I get stuff faster that way too....it gets here from England in 3 days, it takes 4 to get it here from California! Not to mention at half price.....or less.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

jeff10049

The other thing I always forget is the store here I think Dan said he can get most anything for I know id rather spend money here. I need to beat it to my head to check here or ask if I don't see it. I guess I think of this site more for body panels and stuff.

Jeff

94touring

The few things I sold that weren't in stock I had drop shipped from the supplier.  Why should the customer pay on shipping twice and the time wasted?  I'd like to get a list of consumables on hand to sell but will take time as I keep setting up shop.  Bulk orders that make things worth it are not cheap. 

94touring

We posted at the same time.  I did have a list of parts other than panels listed but I didn't have hardly any in stock.  The problem was being the middle man and not knowing what my supplier was out of stock on.  I'll still place requested orders if anyone has a list with part numbers and descriptions.  I simply forward the list to get a quote and then will have it shipped directly to you. 

94touring

Quote from: jeff10049 on December 27, 2015, 06:31:28 PM
The other thing I always forget is the store here I think Dan said he can get most anything for I know id rather spend money here. I need to beat it to my head to check here or ask if I don't see it. I guess I think of this site more for body panels and stuff.

Jeff

And thanks for the donation!