Uncloaking

Started by BruceK, January 26, 2019, 12:06:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiniDave

Only a couple of days now!

What's the first FUN thing you're going to do once you're free? Throw away the alarm clock?  77.gif
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

Quote from: MiniDave on March 27, 2019, 10:11:45 AM

What's the first FUN thing you're going to do once you're free? Throw away the alarm clock?  77.gif

I might still need the alarm clock.    But I was fantasizing of making a small bonfire in the back yard and putting my work shoes and laptop case in it! 

I've been on a couple of conference calls today and I've given up on the polite business way of saying things.  Now I'm just calling things as I seem 'em and it is refreshing.   Should have done it earlier.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

MiniDave

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Quote from: BruceK on March 27, 2019, 11:16:38 AM

I've been on a couple of conference calls today and I've given up on the polite business way of saying things.  Now I'm just calling things as I seem 'em and it is refreshing.   Should have done it earlier.

It's the only way to go.  At work last month (I'll save the whole story) I called an agent a bold face liar to her face, went over her head, and she got so mad she called the police on me.  The police shook their heads and walked away too.

Jims5543

Quote from: BruceK on March 27, 2019, 11:16:38 AM

I might still need the alarm clock.    But I was fantasizing of making a small bonfire in the back yard and putting my work shoes and laptop case in it! 

NFG!!! I love it, it must feel great!  I have to bite my tongue with clients every damn day.

I wouldn't say I am missing work Bob.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

jeff10049

[/quote]

It's the only way to go.  At work last month (I'll save the whole story) I called an agent a bold face liar to her face, went over her head, and she got so mad she called the police on me.  The police shook their heads and walked away too.
[/quote]

sounds like a good story.

BruceK

It is done.  I am outta there.

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

MiniDave

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Jims5543

Congrats!!! Enjoy your freedom!! Any plans in place?  Travel?  Projects? Hobbies?  Volunteering?
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson