Car show!

Started by BruceK, May 05, 2018, 04:53:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Gervais

Quote from: BruceK on May 08, 2018, 12:57:45 PM
Quote from: Jims5543 on May 08, 2018, 04:27:04 AM
Did you meet the "racist" with the pickup truck in the background?   ;D

Ummm..  nope.   ;D.  But you are making me wonder if they ever show Dukes of Hazzard TV program again will they have to censor the name of the car and digitally tile out the roof? 

And what about old World War II movies?  Will they need to bleep out any mention of the word Kraut?

This so-called 'sensitivity' crap has gone too far.
- Pave the Bay -

MiniGene

The UK is crazy when it comes to supercar spottings.  While riding my Triumph this past week I saw two lambos--and I don't live in a posh area.  Mr. Bean crashed his McLaren not far from where I live (before I moved here.)   :D

Jims5543

Quote from: MiniGene on May 12, 2018, 02:58:02 AM
The UK is crazy when it comes to supercar spottings.  While riding my Triumph this past week I saw two lambos--and I don't live in a posh area.  Mr. Bean crashed his McLaren not far from where I live (before I moved here.)   :D

If I drive 50 miles South to West Palm Beach supercars are are pretty common, drive another 40 miles south the Miami and Porsche's are Camry's and Ferraris are everywhere.

It gets to the point down in Miami where you stop getting excited about supercar sightings.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

MiniGene

With that stated, what car would get a double-take from you (in Miami)? 

I'm trying to figure out what vehicle to buy when we land in San Diego....but not much "floats my boat."  Won't be a super car, I can tell you that much. Haha 

Willie_B

Quote from: MiniGene on May 17, 2018, 01:01:44 PM

I'm trying to figure out what vehicle to buy when we land in San Diego....but not much "floats my boat."  Won't be a super car, I can tell you that much. Haha

Get a BMW I3.

MiniDave

I think a lot would depend on your budget and what you want to do IE: go to the desert? skiing? tow something?

A Jeep might work good for you depending on the answers to those questions, or any number of other SUV's......
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

Quote from: Willie_B on May 17, 2018, 01:12:42 PM
Quote from: MiniGene on May 17, 2018, 01:01:44 PM

Get a BMW I3.

I saw an all-black I3 last week in the UK.   Complete with tinted windows. Even had black wheels.  Definitely caught my attention.   Looked like Darth Vadar's car.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

MiniDave

I hope the black wheels thing goes away, they always just look dirty to me.....
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

Quote from: MiniDave on May 18, 2018, 02:51:37 PM
I hope the black wheels thing goes away, they always just look dirty to me.....

Well, I'd agree that dark gray wheels can look dirty - like they are covered in brake dust and grime.  But black wheels don't look that way to me.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara