In not so happy news

Started by 94touring, March 11, 2015, 01:01:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

94touring

My father passed away this week.  Headed home today for the funeral.   Just saw his obituary and wanted to share.

http://www.andrewsmortuary.com/memsol.cgi?user_id=1540571

Spitz

Very sorry for your loss.......

towjoe

My deepest sympathy to you and your family.
Semper Fi
Regards
Joe

Willie_B

MiniDave

Sorry to hear that Dan.....I lost my dad in 2001, I still miss him.....
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

velopackrat

Dan,
Sorry you've lost your dad. 
Warm regards to you and your family,
cw

Mudhen

Sorry to hear that, Dan.   :(

Thoughts and prayers.

Pat

MPlayle

Condolences, thoughts and prayers be with you.

M. Playle

tsumini

My sympathies to you and your family.

Jims5543

Sorry to read this Dan. Read the obit, sounds like he was a hell of a guy, and frisky too, how many damn siblings do you have?

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

94touring

I'm half grandkid half kid.  They adopted me.  My biological mother is Cindy.  I know he'll be buried in his uniform and there's to be a gun salute.   He did a lot more in his life that wasn't on the bio as well.  Wasn't much he couldn't do.   

Thanks for all the messages everyone.   

Jims5543

We buried Mrs.5543's grandfather a few years ago he was a "WW2 Vet" and I have to admit the military presence at the funeral is a touching thing.

Sorry again Dan, I just noticed the 3 holes in one as well, being a golfer, that is quite a rarity and lots of rounds purchased in the clubhouse.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

Shrimps

So sorry to hear.  Sounds like his most commendable accomplishment is being married for 62 years.  That is awesome.  Be sure & take care of your grandma/mom.  I can't imagine what she must be going through after losing her husband of more than half a century.

94touring

She's well actually.   We all knew it was his time and were at peace with it.  My family is very jovial and we actually had a lot of fun this week.  Myself and a few others spoke at the service, and the gun salute and folding of the flag was very moving. 

MtyMous

I'm sorry for your loss, Dan. I hope you and your family are well. Glad to hear you could all get together to celebrate his amazing life.

Jims5543

Same with our Grandfather Dan, he was in horrible pain and had admitted to me many times he just wanted to die so the pain would end. He was 85 years old when he passed.  While we were sad by his passing, we were also relieved he did not have to live in pain anymore.

When my neighbor passed I asked his daughter what the funeral arrangements were and she said none, his will clearly stated no funeral, instead he wanted to family to all get together and have a cookout / BBQ and I thought to myself what a brilliant idea.

So my orders are for there to be cookout and it will not be over until the keg it gone.  ;D

Again, sorry for your loss bud, crappy way to see family when you stop and think about it, but also very comforting to be surrounded by those you love.