Landlord woes

Started by 94touring, July 21, 2016, 08:16:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

94touring

The tenant in my condo in the city needs to break his lease, which I'm perfectly fine with.  I have a no pet policy, cause let's face it pets fuck your stuff up.  I have a very nice leather sectional couch in this place, modern looking and "really ties the room together".  Last year when he signed I stupidly agreed to him having his cat there "as she has never scratched one piece of furniture ever"....till she met my sectional couch that is.  He's looking into having it repaired after he discovered the price of said couch.   11.gif

MiniDave

As long as he's going to make good on it......but the cat is gone right?

"No good deed will go unpunished"
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Not sure if it's in chicken fried rice or not.  I just care about my couch and $$.

SoCalMiniFan

I have a love hate relationship with being a landlord. It's been mostly trouble free. 

I have a cat, I'd never rent my place to someone with a cat!

Though this year I got an application submitted with an attachment about an "emotional support cat".  Thankfully I also got two applicants before that one and the 2nd one worked out great and showed up to the interview with a "Hold until credit check" was done check, 1st months rent, and security deposit!
"If it's not fun, why do it?"

Jims5543

I could never be a landlord, I would have a management company handle it the fee they charge would be worth every penny to me.

I would suck at being a landlord. I am a pushover and non confrontational to a fault.

There is hope as I get older I get grouchier and lately have been surprising myself by speaking my mind, Larry David style!!

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

94touring

I'm both patient and an asshole when need be.  Which also makes me an excellent Captain lol.

Mudhen

Quote from: SoCalMiniFan on July 21, 2016, 11:40:47 AM

:D

Jims5543

Quote from: SoCalMiniFan on July 21, 2016, 11:40:47 AM

I had a cat too, key word is HAD.

We got a dog about a year after the cat, the cat turned into a total asshole after the puppy arrived. At first it was cool and then it turned spiteful because we would not let it outside. IT started to spite piss on everything in the house. Outside it went.

Then the dog played a game where it tried to keep the cat out of the yard. I am guessing a territory / Alpha  type thing. The cat ran away,.. 5 years later someone had the chip read and returned it to us.

We took it back in and gave it much love, great food lots of pampering. The thank you?  Pissing on everything in the house..... back in the yard, ran away again.

Since the dog has passed away at 14.5 years old we are pretty sure the stupid fucking cat died too.

Just wish I could have pissed on the corpse as payback for all the pissing it did on shit in my house.

Fuck cats...

Never rent to a pet owner again Dan.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson