85 tahiti blue (flur continued)

Started by 94touring, April 03, 2013, 07:14:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudhen

Quote from: 94touring on June 30, 2013, 09:38:30 AM
Have I mentioned how much I dislike cleaning floors?

If you want them clean then you have to clean them - no way are me and the boys doing it.

(oh, whoops...for a second there I thought you were my wife)

94touring

The air compressor just stopped compressing,which is a problem. About done as soon as I get air back.

94touring

Compressor fixed and got the bottom painted.  Tomorrow I start on the paint booth. 

Did a little cleaning in the boot.

Davisio

To quote Billy Ocean:
"She's simply awesome."

9.gif

94touring

Once I get this paint booth done the rest of the paint should come together fairly quickly.  I've got some sand blasting in the engine bay to do yet and then its just a matter of body prep and the fun task of reassemble. 

Davisio

Ack! The dern thing be real!

4.gif

94touring

I see you lurking David.  Just placed a massive order of new parts. 

Davisio

Ya.... I haven't looked at the guages too much yet. My time has been pretty occupied. I plan to iron out a decision today, my first "day off".

94touring

No hurry.  I know I probably forgot a handful of things on the first order.  A few things are back ordered too. 

Davisio

Ya.... Ok. I didn't look this weekend. UCB is WAY TOO MUCH FUN to be sitting in front of a computer. I'll try to remember to do it when I get back this evening. The problem is the bar and liquor store on the walk back.  ;D

94touring

Dang bars within walking distance.  I make my return back to tulsa tomorrow night and am determined to paint your interior this week. 

94touring

Masked the bottom and got it on the dolly.  Started prepping interior for paint. 

94touring

Ok one step closer to the exterior paint job. 

Davisio

94touring

And to think all that gets covered up anyways, lol. 

Twichel04

I have been watching intently. I am so excited to see her go through all this change.... But with a little sadness too.... I miss that car a lot. I made the mistake of going and talking to the guy that I got her from... and I may have found myself a "Flur 2.0" If I can convince my wife and get the funds together. Keep up the good work. I cant wait to see the color on the outside! Are you doing it all Tahiti? or Tahiti-Silver / Tahiti-White?

94touring

Its even exciting for me, lol.  Will have a white roof and white stripes on the hood.  I'm tied up at a wedding next week and the girlfriend the week after, so its gona be a few weeks before I can start in on body prep.  Roof and hood are easy, but lots of sanding required on some areas of the body.  Then hopefully all the parts I ordered get here soon so I can get it back running again. 

Davisio

W00T!

A burr wood gear knob and a cogged fan belt!

4.gif

94touring

You saw the burl knob on the invoice...I didn't forget since you got dinner.

Davisio

94touring

Everything from mini spares has shipped.  Waiting on your dash still and gotta order the gauges.  Back in town next Tuesday to start masking off the interior.

Davisio

Cool.

I'm currently shopping car covers for the winter storage months.
Oh, and cool sunglasses.

94touring

Everyone needs cool sunglasses.   69.gif

Davisio

Quote from: 94touring on August 09, 2013, 08:29:28 AM
Everyone needs cool sunglasses.   69.gif

The problem is..... all I can hear, in my head, is ZZTop. Then all I find online that I like are Serengeti's. Heh. Guess I'll actually have to go to a store.

94touring

I'm hard on sun glasses so mine are cheapies from wally world.  In fact broke a pair this week after it got snagged on a binder in my flight case.