towjoe

Any suggestions for wideband sensors?
What is your experience? 

Regards
towjoe 77.gif

94touring

I have an innovate lc1 that's good. 

MPlayle

When I did the Mikuni carb swap on one of my Minis, this is the kit I used.  It is the gauge as well as the sensor.

http://www.jegs.com/i/Auto-Meter/105/4970/10002/-1

MiniDave

Isn't it a good idea to get one matched to the gauge anyway?

Or are they somewhat generic like O2 sensors?
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MPlayle

When I was figuring out what to get for the Mini I was doing the Mikuni carb on, the research I found indicated there are two groups for O2 sensors: wide band and narrow band.  Within each, grouping, the sensors are fairly generic.

Most any wide band gauge will work with most any wide band sensor.  Many of the gauge kits can come bundled with the gauge maker's preferred sensor.

I went with the Autometer one as I was using other Autometer gauges from that same series (including an electronic speedometer).

94touring

On the innovate you must buy the proper 02 sensor and set it up per the directions.  It has a specific harness so the wrong sensor won't work.  Just replaced one on my rx7 a couple months ago. 

Merlin

I go with any of the Innovate products. I use the LC1 in my truck and have a handheld LM2. They can come with a gauge and a secondary output for datalogging.

Engineering the Impossible

MtyMous

I've got an LC-1 in my classic. Best decision I ever made for a carbed car.

Don't mind the tacky dash and squeaky belt. lol

jedduh01

I have installed and used  . Innovate LC1 and AEM UEGO

Both work and show wide band data same day by day for regular gauge montioring

In my eyes the AEM is MUCH easier to install = Harness to the sensor is well bound and tidy to 1 plug  and the harness to power the gauge is well bound and plugged very easy too.
  Mount gauge= mount install sensor _ plug together = Give it power and ground = Working

The Innovate = uses a sort of Mid computer Box  that adds to the installation you have to mount  mid box somewhere vs the AEM that is all contained in the gauge.

both have outputs for data logging. The LC1 has serial inputs for direct tapping to a comptuer for logging

For simple = seat of your pants 02 reading  = the AEM is much simpler to install
http://aemelectronics.com/files/instructions/30-4100%20Digital%20Wideband%20UEGO%20Gauge.pdf

LC1 innvoate has Calibration buttons + LED  = Extra wires and things.   might be more stuff than needed.
http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/support/manual/LC-1_Manual.pdf

Depends on your use.   Day by day driving my turbo volvo = the AEM Serves the purpose for regular o2 readings and watching the basic tune for any  'ISSUES"
  I dont do any data logging as it is set and no changing or computer tuning or loggin.

If you're doing ECU Tuning or Data Logging or software integration the LC1 will provide more info easier in their package.

tmsmini

There are two versions of wideband sensors these days.
The Innovate LM-2 can be updated with firmware to use the newer sensor.
The connectors are different 4.2 vs. 4.9.

You also might want to look at the 14point7 brand.

Turbodave

+1 on the AEM
I  just convinced my neighbor to buy one for his Mustang. It is by far, the most cost-effective and easiest to install.

John Gervais

I've got the Innovate MTX-L installed in my mini.  Love it - simple to install, self-contained, has input and output cables, adjustable for different fuel types etc...

- Pave the Bay -