I need a 40 to 55 Gallon drum

Started by Jims5543, January 06, 2020, 06:05:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jims5543

Any suggestions where to get one that is reasonable? 

I want to store gasoline in it for 6 months at a time.

I.E.  - Start of hurricane season I want to fill it with gas, that would be in July. Then in November at the end of the season I will use it up over the winter, repeat.

New or used is fine as long as used is in decent shape and can be used as intended.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

MiniDave

Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

jeff10049

Come on over I have a nice one with a pump.

Jims5543

Quote from: jeff10049 on January 07, 2020, 12:23:18 AM
Come on over I have a nice one with a pump.

On my way. Hide the women and make sure you have a lot of beer and whiskey too.  ;D

Looked on CL (do not do Zuckenbook) and see some options.

Gonna ask around town too.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

Jims5543

I realized I have two 10 gallon cans from my racing days. I decided to look for another 20-30 gallon holding tank and after looking at many options decided on this.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BFMYBQV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Yes, spendy, I do not care I just want something easy. I can load this in the back of a pickup, fill it in one fell swoop and be done with it.

I typically get ready for Hurricane season in June. So I will make it a point this year to get the fuel situation squared away then too.

I might be changing homes to a brand new home 1 town South in a downtown area.  We will be looking at it possibly this weekend.  It is up to all the new codes, has a metal roof and impact windows. The best part is that is is in the downtown area so we can walk everywhere.

The newest hurricane codes is the deal maker for me, then I have one level of stress removed.  The only thing I need to do is get a whole house standby Generator installed.