Does your Mini have a name?

Started by AuburnGator, September 02, 2018, 09:32:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AuburnGator

It seems some cars have names and some never find one. I have a Jeep Commander that I have had for many years and it is still "the Jeep"

But a funny thing happened the first day I had my mini on the road here. It got a name. I was not there at the time, and frankly things may have turned out differently had I been there.

But, my wife was driving the car for the first time, and pulled up to a stop light. The woman in the car next to her rolled down the window to ask about the Mini (they are a rare sight here in rural Florida) and as she was pulling away said "That is cute as a button"

Yes, that is right, my wife now calls my mini "Button"

I have tried to resist it but as the saying goes "Happy wife, Happy life"

"Honey, can I drive my car for awhile. You have had it all week?"

BruceK

My classic Mini has a name:  Emma.  Can't explain how - I don't name other stuff.    It just is.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

MiniDave

My last Mini was named Buzz, as I was driving it home from Baltimore to KC at some point I called my wife and she could barely hear me from all the NVH going on it the background, so she named him.

My current Mini doesn't have a name..........yet. And may never get one.....

My next Mini already has a name, but I won't reveal it till I finish the car and start driving it.
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

gr8kornholio

Sure does.  It's a hot rod Australian mini so it's Saussi Aussie.

My 07 when I had it was all yellow and based off my user name so it was Beavis.
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

ADRay

The Mini.

My Subaru XV is The Big Car.
1982 Mini 1000 HL
@andyray998

BruceK

Quote from: ADRay on September 03, 2018, 08:02:39 AM
The Mini.

Funny, my '02 Cooper S R53 is known around my house as "the big Mini".  I love the car, but in 16 years of ownership, I've never named it. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

AuburnGator

My only advise is, if you can help it, don't let your wife name it. I guess I should not complain about mine being named "Button," it could have been a lot worse.

I have tried to call it "Little Button Bad Ass" but she just smiles and goes right on calling it Button.

John Gervais

Mrs. Miniver, from the 1942 Greer Garson film, 'Mrs. Miniver'. 

Although not in the same league as Donna Reed, Greer Garson was rather fetching; and in the film she's plucky, indomitable and persistent.   26.gif
- Pave the Bay -

gr8kornholio

I know about the cuteness factor.  I made my yellow 07 as mean looking as possible.  Never failed, first words out of everyone's mouth.....  How CUTE!    50.gif

"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

SoCalMiniFan

Quote from: ADRay on September 03, 2018, 08:02:39 AM
The Mini.

I like your style, my Daily is a '15 Subaru XV

My classic is : Miss Mini
My daily Subaru is: Miss Soob
The '81 VW Vanagon Westy is : Vanamal the Westy (formally Bruce the Westy)
"If it's not fun, why do it?"

gr8kornholio

When you arrive back home can you send me pics of the carpet if it's original style?  I'm finding conflicting information.

Coworker of mine had a Dodge Challenger SRT that had the vanity plate SMAUG.  Perfect dual meaning for that car.