Bini Video

Started by MiniGene, October 15, 2016, 03:50:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiniGene

Soooo...this is a Bini video the wife and I made last weekend.

https://youtu.be/GYNCm6Gzylc

We had fun driving her Cooper S around Northamptonshire and Leicestershire.  It's kind of long but it gives you a good idea of the country roads we have around here.

Jims5543

Stunningly beautiful!!  I like how the yellow hits before the green warning you that you are about to go.

I imagine the yellow warns of the red coming too?

I wondered what you were sitting there for at the one light then realized there was not enough room for 2 way traffic. Although a lot of places looked that way in towns.

I loved the video will watch a few more times, I love stuff like this.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

John Gervais

Traffic lights are the same here - change from green, yellow, red, yellow, green - really useful if you're working on your drag strip reaction times or if your daily driver has a start/stop engine shut-off feature.   77.gif
- Pave the Bay -

BruceK

I like the video.   Thanks for sharing it.  Brought back great memories of driving on the B roads in that area. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

MiniGene

Thanks for watching, Gents!  I had to coach the wife on how to "start the engine and give it some revs" for dramatic effect-haha.

Coming over here made me realize why European cars handle better than American cars (for the most part)--because they have to!  The roads here are narrow, very curvy, and the speed limit on most of them is 60 MPH when you aren't going through a village.  It took several months to get comfortable driving here.  A lot of the younger people that come over here with only a couple of years driving experience usually learn their limitations pretty quick.

Jim, you're right, there are many times when driving through a village you have to wait for oncoming traffic because there isn't enough space.

I'd like to think this place has made me a better driver--maybe just a bit crazier.  I do think it has definitely made me a better motorcycle rider.