My Friday the 13 th

Started by sparetimetoys, June 13, 2014, 05:26:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparetimetoys

So I got punched in today at 505 AM and it was already  messed up. We had three aircraft that were going to be left over with issues that needed at least 4 guys each. They make a late OT call and got 3 more to help. I send everyone out to work (I am a lead mechanic) and go back into the warehouse to help the stores guys get one of the big chunks we were working. I'm crawling on these crates and the dipshit I'm helping starts laughing so I ask just what's so funny? He says a spider just went up your pant leg. About 5 seconds later pow I got bit up high inner thigh. Hurt like a MF. I grab at the boys and head off to the head to dump the dead bug outa my pants. It was sorta red so I kept an eye on it during the day. I got home and it had a dark spot in the center then a darker ring around it in the red area. I went to the doc-in-a-box he gave me an antibiotic shot in the cheek, antibiotic cream and pills, steroid pills, and drew a ring around it and I get to go back in the morning to check if it's bigger.
Home of Global Warmer Racing. Saving the smog one car at a time.

Mudhen

Holy crap!!!!!  Can't imagine having stuff like that around - I'd sit in my house too scared to function.

Once again thankful to be in the northeast (I did get a nasty mosquito bite the other day, though...itched for over an hour.  Sucked.)

Jims5543

Welcome to the life of a land surveyor, spiders, snakes, poison ivy, fire ants (a personal fav) and all kinds of other tropical shit put on this earth to fuck up your life.

Next time bag up the spider and take it with you to the doc and go to the doc as soon as you are bit.

If it was a brown recluse you are in for a painful experience and it will leave you will a hole where the bite was.

Oh, and punch the asshole who laughed as he watched it crawl on you, or at least take him man card away. 

Good luck I hope it was not a serious bite, I hate dealing with that crap.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson