CMU59 - Classic Mini DIY's "Coverage"

Started by SomethingNew71, April 21, 2018, 08:00:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SomethingNew71

Hey Restoration Mini,

Just got back from the CMU59 event and thought I might share my "coverage" of the event. I put together a little video for my Youtube channel. Such a wonderful event, really enjoyed meeting up with everyone again and ripping on the mountain roads. See everyone at CMU60!!!

Cole

94touring

gr8kornholio

Really nice video.  Dave's green mini got a good bit of screen time.
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

SomethingNew71

Thanks for the kind words. Yeah basically whoever was driving in front or behind me got the most screen time.  ;D

jeff10049

Cool video 4.gif
Thanks for posting
Seems like all the mini stuff happens far away from me.
I need to organize some fun runs or something here there are minis around just not many clubs.

Willie_B

Quote from: jeff10049 on April 22, 2018, 09:30:20 PM

You can fly down to join us on the next one, Oct of next year. Had a couple fly in from Australia to attend.

Bahowe1

Cole, that is a really awesome video!  Good job!  I posted up some videos on YouTube... but I don't edit anything... so they are very boring compared to yours. 
That was a lot of fun, ol' ugly (mine) held up well... until she didn't.  Don't feel bad about your drive shaft... I lost brakes on 'the snake' on the last day.  Seems like master cylinder failure.
MiniDave (I think) got a great picture of Justin and I working on it at lunch trying to get it going... there must have been 50 people standing around watching us.  Pretty hilarious.
Everyone kept asking us how do we know how to do so much.  My response was... because we own minis. 

jedduh01

Great Capture!  = I just shared the same in the other events thread!

We all had our hands on mini fun, Gloves and grease!
     I still call them crappy British cars,  but they're fun!   If they didn't require 'work" why have it?  (part of the challenge)!

Its also funny how little some people really know about their cars. then want to do 100+ miles with no 'checks or knowledge of their own! Was glad to help others get Keep their cars going!  I think the mini gods helped me get home after a driveline knock repair + running out of gas!

But it all turned out well!

Cant wait for 2019!

SomethingNew71

Quote from: jeff10049 on April 22, 2018, 09:30:20 PM
Cool video 4.gif
Thanks for posting
I need to organize some fun runs or something here there are minis around just not many clubs.

Thanks! Where are you located? There are never enough mini events!

Quote from: Bahowe1 on April 23, 2018, 07:30:54 AM
Cole, that is a really awesome video!  Good job!  I posted up some videos on YouTube... but I don't edit anything... so they are very boring compared to yours. 
That was a lot of fun, ol' ugly (mine) held up well... until she didn't.  Don't feel bad about your drive shaft... I lost brakes on 'the snake' on the last day.  Seems like master cylinder failure.
MiniDave (I think) got a great picture of Justin and I working on it at lunch trying to get it going... there must have been 50 people standing around watching us.  Pretty hilarious.
Everyone kept asking us how do we know how to do so much.  My response was... because we own minis. 

Thanks man. Sad to hear you lost brakes but hopefully it didn't result in any crashes. I love how, whenever something breaks slowly more and more people come to just watch you fix it. I would love to see the picture of you guys tinkering. Justin showed me the pictures of his mechanical weirdness/failure on the way home too!

Quote from: jedduh01 on April 23, 2018, 08:31:54 AM
Great Capture!  = I just shared the same in the other events thread!

We all had our hands on mini fun, Gloves and grease!
     I still call them crappy British cars,  but they're fun!   If they didn't require 'work" why have it?  (part of the challenge)!

Its also funny how little some people really know about their cars. then want to do 100+ miles with no 'checks or knowledge of their own! Was glad to help others get Keep their cars going!  I think the mini gods helped me get home after a driveline knock repair + running out of gas!

But it all turned out well!

Cant wait for 2019!

Thanks Justin.

MiniDave

It was so great to meet all the Restoration Mini guys at the event! I'd also like to say they all "fit" our image perfectly - really nice people who will go the extra mile to help a Mini nut. When the fellow with the silver Mini came limping in with a bad clunk in the back Justin was the first guy to dive into his car for jack and new parts to try and fix him up - the good news was it was just loose lug nuts!

I'm glad to know everyone here, and especially glad to meet everyone face to face.

Ben has done a terrific job on his car, if you look at this thread you'll see how far he's come and still managed to get to the event! And that's with balancing his time with three small kids in the house....   ;D

Cole will get on top of his car too, I'm sorry I didn't find out about his axle till he already had it on his trailer, but he'll make the next one I'm sure.

Without casting aspersions on any one else, this is by far the best bunch of Mini guys that Dan has brought together, and I'm pleased and proud to be a member.
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

We have a good community here.  The tone of the forum attracts all the right people.

jeff10049

To answer the above question I'm in central Oregon had a mini meet west here a few years ago.
And I would have to agree good bunch of people I did not hesitate to open up my business shop and tools to anyone who needed a place to work not to many groups i'd do that for.
Every one I have meant on this forum is good. Thats why I also post non mini projects here, are there forums for chevy trucks? Sure, but I like the group here better and it's cool to see other stuff now and then.

Now to get that central oregon mini club going anybody else on here near me?