Saturday Morning Loop

Started by Rosebud, March 22, 2018, 06:18:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosebud

Rosebud and I have been out of circulation for the last couple of rainy weeks until last Saturday, when blue skies finally broke through. Rain isn't predicted until Tuesday and the mudslide aren't due back until Wednesday. As far as I knew there were no earthquakes predicted for Saturday and the tsunami warning was called off. Sounded like a good day for a drive. If you're familiar with Santa Barbara, you'll recognize downtown State Street, the old Mission, historic Mission Canyon, the Santa Barbara Cemetery and a glimpse of Santa Cruz Island as we come down Old San Marcos Pass Road. If you don't care for the music, turn your sound off—but you'll miss the sweet exhaust note beginning @ min. 4:40 and again @ min. 7:40. Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/rRMVLDO13e4
Rosebud
...the sled, not the flower
https://www.facebook.com/PoserMotorSports

gr8kornholio

Loved it. Makes me miss my car though. Is it weird I found myself tilting my iPad like a steering wheel on the downhill section?   71.gif
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

ve9aa

wish I could drive mine, but there's 3' of snow in front of the shed door where it's stored.
Maybe towards the end of April !
Mike in NB

30 minutes in a Mini is more therapeutic than 3 sessions at the shrink.

MiniGene

Nice film.  4.gif  I liked the mapping graphic at the beginning.  It was neat to see the route with the elevation stats and your highest speed.

The wife and I took a nice hour and a half long loop ride in the Mini.  It was fun but I really need to give it a tune up.  It felt like it was misfiring frequently.  Based on everything else I've found on this Mini the ignition system probably has been neglected.

MiniDave

I agree....what software were you running that allowed you to do that?

Also, what film editing software do you use?
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

Wow.  I really like that video.   The map graphics software at the beginning was so cool.  I've only ever seen something like that during rally coverage on TV.   Makes it very clear it was so much more than a "loop" - more like many interesting loops! 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

Rosebud

Quote from: MiniDave on March 25, 2018, 10:48:27 AM
I agree....what software were you running that allowed you to do that? Also, what film editing software do you use?

I'm using Strava and Relive on my iPhone to record my driving. Strava and Relive are fitness apps but they're all I've found that will do what i want. Plus, they're free. Strave records the drive and then hands the data off to Relive to render the graphics. I'm using iMove on my Mac to combine Relive's graphic and the GoPro's video clips.

Being a fitness app, Strava insists on knowing whether I'm running, walking, biking or skiing. I tell it I'm biking because there's no checkbox for driving. It also has a built in social link, so I keep getting congratulated by bikers for "biking" 50+ miles (up mountain roads, no less) at an average speed of 25+ MPH. If they only knew, eh?
Rosebud
...the sled, not the flower
https://www.facebook.com/PoserMotorSports