Laid back here

Started by SoCalMiniFan, June 01, 2016, 02:56:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoCalMiniFan

I just wanted to throw it out to everyone here.  Thanks for being warm, welcoming, and genuinely interested in peoples builds, cars, hobbies, poor jokes, good jokes, etc.

Just having bought an '81 VW Westfalia I'm trying to delve into the VW world, particularly the Westy world and man its a f*cking chore. Perhaps because we have a smaller audience here but thanks for once in a while humoring me with answers to my questions and some solid advice. 

Example of trying to mesh into the VW world gone sour: There was guy looking for a short piece of steel fuel line but he wanted it to be original, I'm not sure his reasoning since his Westy looks similar to SWAMP thing and I feel like an unoriginal fuel line would be the least of his problems. Since I'm a proponent of D.I.Y and the job looked fairly simple I offered up a nice 2ft section of stainless fuel line I have left over from my Mini build and suggested he could replicate the 1 slight bend it had. You would have thought I suggested donating his first born to science. He went on about how badly he needed/wanted and original one and all I could think was on vehicles notorious for catching fire the last thing I want original on my VW are it's fuel lines, steel, stainless, or what have you.  Have fun in you're sleeping fireball dude.

So thanks again for being friendly here and hearing people out on their ideas/suggestions even if they're not inline with "purist" mentality.

"If it's not fun, why do it?"

MPlayle

Your welcome!

Post some of your efforts on your VW as well.  Some here may be able to offer help with it as well as for your Mini.

94touring

SoCalMiniFan

Quote from: MPlayle on June 01, 2016, 03:46:35 PM
Your welcome!

Post some of your efforts on your VW as well.  Some here may be able to offer help with it as well as for your Mini.

I will, I'm still trying to fall in love with it.  It's soooo big. I'm also trying finish up my Mini for MMW '16 and every time we take the VW out something seems to fall apart. Nothing crazy but I'm just so unfamiliar with them. At least with the Mini before we could drive it I had to build it so every noise I know what it is or could be. The VW something creaks and I panic.

I think.... We might brave the world and take the VW camping in two weeks! If it cooperates I'll take some photos out in the wild!
"If it's not fun, why do it?"

MiniDave

We're heading out to Sandy Eggo on Friday, see you at MMW!
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Jims5543

Quote from: 94touring on June 01, 2016, 04:09:31 PM
Lol.  Up yours.

22.gif

I was thinking the same thing.

+1 SoCal - This is a really civil laid back place. Folks are more than happy to help and everyone, whether or not they agree or disagree are respectful.

A rare thing on the internets these days.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson