Trying to speed this mofo up

Started by 94touring, May 31, 2012, 04:01:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

94touring

I don't know whats going on with the server but its been painfully slow.  I've been pruning as much as I can to help speed this bastard up a little.  At some point I may need to move the media gallery off the forum software but thats going to be a long and agonizing process I'd like to avoid. 

MPlayle

Dan,

I think it more your hosting services/server rather than the forum package.  I still have MOT on the older version stuff (forum & media gallery) and it works fine.  We do have the same "password" glitch that was more trouble when you tried to fix it.  Otherwise, runs fine.  Don't know the hosting service, but could try to find out.

M. Playle

94touring

Yeah I know its the shared hosting, I'm just stubborn and don't want to upgrade lol.  Gona try a dedicated IP and see what that does.  Sometimes I can clean things up and it works good enough for what it is. 

EDIT:  Well it just took effect and if it sped up due to the dedicated IP then thats pretty good bang for the buck.  Lets hope it stays like this. 

94touring

Well its been a few days and the IP change seems to have done the trick.  Probably the best the site has run since I started it actually.

Willie_B

It does load alot quicker now. 4.gif

94touring

macmanron

1966 Austin Cooper S,1965 Morris Mini Minor Traveller, 1965 Triumph TR4A, 1965 Triumph Spitfire(project)