Life update

Started by 94touring, May 04, 2011, 12:18:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

94touring

Well guys I was off the grid this week.  My girlfriend and I split up and I moved back to Tulsa on very short notice.  Long story short and minus all the exciting drama, threats, and mob of potentially angry friends she had, I had to get the police involved and all that super cool fun stuff.  Pretty difficult time but for all the nice messages I've recieved just letting everyone know i'm actually doing just fine.  I'll be getting up with my old pal John (hayman) and moving my pickup over there this afternoon to hopefully continue moving along with it.  We did manage to put the truck in the back of the moving truck which was cool.      

On a side note: I think I may need to evaluate the woman I settle down with from now on.  This is the 2nd big movie style breakup I've been involved with. 

MiniGene

Dan, glad to hear you're hanging in there and stuff is moving along.  Glad the pick up is safe too! LOL

MPlayle

Sorry to hear you've had rough times again.  At least you're on the upside.

At least here, the drama is mostly car oriented.   ;D

macmanron

"A single man has more time for his mini" an old saying someone said.
1966 Austin Cooper S,1965 Morris Mini Minor Traveller, 1965 Triumph TR4A, 1965 Triumph Spitfire(project)

94touring

joltfreak

I'm sorry to hear what happened. I'm sure in the long run, you will be doing much better!
check out the official website for updates!!!!! 

94touring

The pickup is now at Johns shop  4.gif   Normal life resuming now. 

London Dry

Hey Dan:

Wishing you great times ahead.
Dana Jones
95 SPI

94touring

Thanks Dana.  How's the mini coming along?

London Dry

I've been doing a Dutchy copycat job on all the parts in the engine bay, and starting the process of putting my gearbox back together. I really need to post some pix. Great deal of progress.
Dana Jones
95 SPI

Jims5543

Sorry things did not work out Dan. I deleted my FB account so I am way behind on the social shit and I like it.

I will try to find time to poke in here more often. Good to see you are doing o.k. all things considered.

Didn't you two have a wee one? How is that going to work?
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

94touring

Hey Jimbo, I was just thinking I hadn't seen you on there in awhile.  No kids for us, we were expecting twins at one point but she miscarried.  I'm thinking about becoming old Dan, the one that was crazy and picked up tons of chicks.     

Jims5543

Yeah, I barely had time for FB and when I did I spent most of it putting people on ignore so I could see how interesting folks like you were getting along.

FBGM - is never a bad thing. :D

Sorry about the miscarry but have to admit, in hindsight... you know. We went though one too and it is pretty crappy.

So you still have the Mini truck? How about the MINI, is that still around?

If you are ever down this way, make sure to contact me, it would be great to meet up. You have my e-mail, if not it is my screen name at gmail.

Take care of yourself and wear a raincoat!

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson