D-M's mini update

Started by d-m, April 26, 2010, 07:18:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d-m

4.gif
Well after some struggles with the fuel pump leaking and a near loss of the car do to a bad starter switch and electrical fire the switch shorted out. We have a runner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
First drive Mini
P.S you have t wait for it LOL
Dave

94touring

Maybe I have sick humor, but at 1:20 I expected to see that SUV plow into the mini, lol.  How bad would that be.  ;D  I did like the slow garage open in the beginning.  I wanted to do that with my first pickup but put the song from a space oddyses 2000 (think that is the movie name) as the background music.  When the music hit the dramatic part, pull out of the garage.  Maybe even have smoke/fog as an effect.  I also had an electrical fire in that thing when I first bought it.  Ah memories. 

d-m

I was so pissed that that suv was in my way it almost runied my rentry to the drive way and yes dan you have a sorted sence humor about you to think that way. beleve me I have not been that carefull with a car in a vary long time. It was a fun afternoon every one got a short ride and back in the shop it went for a clutch adjustment and a dusting off. We are so close front shocks a new starter switch ( thanks Jeff for the loner) and have the fome cut for the rear seat title and regs thats it!!!!!!!
;D ;D ;D

d-m

Ok it has been way to long since I have posted on here thanks for the email Dan.  I see there are some new faces and that means new cars I like that !!!! Were is my Mini at well I got it registered last week with insurance even lol. Seat is done still needs shock's had to put a clutch in it last winter the disk was bad  50.gif  now I have a clutch master issue that needs to be sorted out and it needs touched up and and cleaned. But it has seen the road I took the family out for a short drive last Sunday meet up with Jeff  and some friends we have made from the local Mini club had some lunch, and a bad rad cap crapping coolant all over. The car ran and handled well and if the weather is good this Friday my wife and I will run some errands with it.
Dave         

94touring

Hey good to hear from you.  Glad the car is on the road!