just needed a radiator

Started by jeff10049, February 18, 2018, 11:20:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeff10049

2004 mini radiator started to leak so I got a new one went to put it in and thought now would be a great time to paint the front bumper...and hood and roof and that snow shovel scratch in the passenger door and the parking lot ding in the driver's door...Well now it's  just the quarters and hatch to paint the rest.

Well, shit windshield is all pitted better change that better get new trim while it's off and a hatch handle and the grill is looking a little ratty.
If I'm doing all that better get new tail lights this is getting to be a really expensive radiator job and I haven't even changed the radiator yet.

jeff10049

Oh and now the old license plates look like shit wonder how much those are and if I have to pay for the tags again? find out tomorrow I guess.

gr8kornholio

Sounds like mine while I was taking it apart.  To be painted.  The little list of parts kept growing, o and I have to replace my radiator cause I cracked it trying to open the cap which had crusted close.
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

BruceK

nice!  What is the name of that color?
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

94touring

Looks really good!  Nothing beats fresh paint.

jeff10049

stock color it's called indi blue code 862.

gasmini

Indi Blue is a good color, that was the color of my first MINI.

jeff10049

finally got this car back on the road ended up having the window tint redone too. And fixing the exhaust system rusted hangers.

Decided to sand and buff the paint as well for some reason it's just supposed to be a driver and it's nice to be driving it again I just hope the CVT transmission keeps going for a while after all this.

I almost don't want to daily drive it now that it looks so good. I think I'll get the clear rock chip shield put on the hood and bumper then I'll feel better about driving it.

MiniDave

Looks like a new car! Well done, Jeff!
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

gr8kornholio

Looking good.  Those are still my favorite BMW cooper wheels.
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

jeff10049

Thanks guys,
Those wheels came up on Craig's list a few years back so I grabbed them they don't come up very often it had the mini lite style  wheels when new and they look pretty good too but these are better.