Where is the motor access?
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

Quote from: MiniDave on February 11, 2020, 07:53:00 PM
Where is the motor access?

In this video my lovely assistant will show you.

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

MiniDave

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

ADRay

I've had something like this in mind for when I don't need a back seat anymore. I haven't seen any Toyota ones though. Can you get parts easily?
1982 Mini 1000 HL
@andyray998

BruceK

[
Quote from: ADRay on February 12, 2020, 09:24:58 AM
I've had something like this in mind for when I don't need a back seat anymore. I haven't seen any Toyota ones though. Can you get parts easily?

The small 660cc Kei trucks are built by Honda, Suzuki, Subaru, Mitsubishi, Mazda, and Daihatsu. But Toyota and Nissan don't offer any Kei trucks.  (Technically, Toyota owns Daihatsu, but there are no Kei trucks under the Toyota nameplate)  So if you have been looking at Kei trucks, that's why you haven't seen any Toyota ones.

The next size up trucks in the Japanese market (like mine) come in vans, people carrier minivans, and pickups and these trucks are only made by Toyota (Liteace & Townace models), Mazda (Bongo), Nissan (which uses the Vanette name for its various models even when they are not a 'van'), and Mitsubishi (Delica).

When I was looking for a truck, I stuck with looking for a Toyota one rather than Mazda, Nissan or Mitsubishi because I wanted to have a truck that had some sort of parts availability in the US.  That's because back in the 1980s Toyota imported Americanized versions of their van and minivan Liteace/Townace models into the US badged as the Toyota Van and Toyota Wagon, in both 2WD and 4WD.  So my truck, designed in the 1980s, is from the same generation as the ones sold here.  So it has some parts interchangeability with those US market Toyota models (same doors, same windshield, same brakes and suspension, same 4WD parts, etc.).  So, I should be able visit my local NAPA or Advanced Auto and get brake pads, shocks, CV boots, etc.

For the other parts, I found a good source not in Japan (although there are parts vendors there that ship internationally), but in Dubai UAE. Apparently there are a lot of Japanese trucks in the Middle East and therefore a need for parts suppliers.  My parts source is partsouq.com where I can just enter the VIN and detailed parts diagrams point me to the right parts. Prices are reasonable and shipping is like dealing with MiniSpares - parts arrive within 5 or 6 days.

This is the Toyota Wagon that was imported to the US for much of the 1980s during the minivan craze.

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

Jims5543

Are you going to put a short shifter in it?

The you will be able to shift mad quick, yo!

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

BruceK

Quote from: Jims5543 on February 12, 2020, 09:04:47 PM
Are you going to put a short shifter in it?

The you will be able to shift mad quick, yo!

Haha.  A short shift kit and a giant wing with the turbo badge are what's really needed!  And a coffee can exhaust!! 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

BruceK

Put the truck to work today getting free mulch from the county recycling center which is about 25 miles away.  I have no idea how much weight it was but the truck did fine with the load up and down the hills.  Actually I went back for a second load.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

gr8kornholio

Now that's some mulch
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

BruceK

Quote from: gr8kornholio on March 13, 2020, 06:52:11 PM
Now that's some mulch

Did I mention it was FREE! 

And hey I've got lotta mulch areas in my front yard.    Every square foot that has mulch is a square foot that does not need to be mowed! 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

Pickup trucks are so useful, especially one that you don't have to climb a ladder to reach into the bed!  77.gif

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad