Just Signed Up!

Started by CraigD, August 20, 2016, 06:54:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CraigD

Figured I should say, "Hey I finally made it to this place!"

The conditions on another board I have been on since almost the first day it was open are so bad I really can't see going back for a long time or maybe ever. So much for about 20 years of association!

Hope to be able to add to the community in a positive way!

Craig in Campbell, California

94touring

MiniDave

Welcome to the fun Mini site!   ;D
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Willie_B

Welcome aboard.

We do have fun here and truly help others in time of need.

jeff10049

Welcome, this is the best place ever always cool stuff going on. Lot's of activity lately it keeps growing as that other place dies.

Jeff

tmsmini

Welcome Craig...tell the people what you've got....
Terry

CraigD

Oh right. Thanks for the reminder, Terry.

I've got a bit of a rat rod '72 Morris from New Zealand originally. Since I got it in 2002 I've changed out the front brakes for discs, installed SRacer adjustable suspension bits with GAZ shocks, replaced the '70s brown interior for grey and...

Oh yeah, did a K1100 twin cam head conversion. But that has been kicking my butt for a while now. I can't seem to get the ECU to do the closed loop fueling properly.

The journey is where the fun is! I'm sort of looking for the next project, but need to move an old VW out of my garage and on to someone else.

Dmulder

Welcome aboard. This place has been a wealth of knowledge for me. Also good people always willing to help. MiniDave has been awesome. Just yesterday I called him up, having never spoken to him before, and he walked me through a project that I was a little unsure of on my mini. GREAT COMMUNITY!!! 4.gif
"In like a lamb, Out like a lion."

MiniDave

We're all happy to help, I've had great communication and help from everyone on the board, happy to be able to give back a little too.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

John Gervais

- Pave the Bay -

MiniDave

My sister lived just around the corner from you in Saratoga, she moved up into the mountains to Volcano now.....

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Jims5543

I could never understand the attraction of the other place with its 1990's (or was it late 80's) format.  Same goes for Reddit and 4chan, I cannot deal with that old format when I know a much better and eloquent format exists.

I am sure there is archived there many years of knowledge, guess what? This place is being populated really fast with the same depth of knowledge. Plus, here is the cool part, this place is asshole free. 

Dan, the proprietor of this board, is a hell of a nice guy. That in turn has attracted a great group of people on here.

Welcome here.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

roadhouse

MtyMous

Welcome, Craig! Glad to have another member over here.

CraigD

Cool, now I feel all warm and fuzzy.

Thanks!

MtyMous

Sounds like you've got a pretty cool project. Have any pictures? I'd love to see the engine bay with that twinki setup.

Jims5543

Hi! My name is Jim and it has been 5 weeks since I bought a new car.

I have been tempted to buy more but I have indeed resisted.

Praise Dan.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

94touring

Speaking of which....you still got dibs on this 67 cooper S I'm restoring?

Jims5543

Quote from: 94touring on August 25, 2016, 07:01:48 PM
Speaking of which....you still got dibs on this 67 cooper S I'm restoring?

Yes ....

and no...

Are you patient?  Do you do layaway?  what about sexual favors in trade?

Organs? can I interest you in a heavily used Liver? 

Email or text me tomorrow, it is 11 and I have to get up at 0530 for the gym tomorrow.

;D

94touring

I have an uncle who needs a kidney.  Yeah we'll talk tomorrow  77.gif