Time for revenge

Started by Air2air, September 24, 2015, 09:00:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Air2air

This is something everybody here can be part of and have fun with - if it's OK with Dan.  It's an elaborate practical joke to humiliate and punish Boison in delicious ways.  Those of you not on the Mania forum may not know about Boison though.

I'm stealing this idea from "scam-baiting", a hilarious hobby among very smart folks in the UK and US mostly.  Scam-baiting is where an email network of several people get together in response to those Nigerian scam emails.  The scam-baiters are expert at counter-scamming the Nigerian who sent the mail, to make him do the most unbelieveable things with false promises of money, fame, etc.  They can make them travel across continents, turn themselves in to the authorities, but mostly cause them unbearable pain and embarassment:  https://forum.419eater.com/forum/

When you get several people together in a coordinated fashion you can make people do just about anything, so I've started the bait here:
http://www.minimania.com/msgThread/118402/1/1/MTV_spot_-_need_mini

I was going to get Armycook and SXSMAN in at a minimum.  Boison will need phone calls and emails to be lured into whatever we want him to do.  Off the bat I am thinking of making him show up to Hollywood to pick up the hot Filipina actress for the movie starring his car.  Which the production company might be interested in buying for a very high price.

I know this sounds farfetched but you'd be blown away at what you can get people to do with this technique.

MiniDave

Yeah........................no thanks.

I know some of you have had plenty of interactions with this guy, and he's been a thorn in your collective sides, but...

I look at him like I do the Westboro Baptist folks, if you could just ignore them, they'd simply go away and no longer be a problem. The fact that you continue to interact with him only encourages his behavior. You feed the troll......
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Armycook

I'm down. Talk to me Goose lol. Got your message on facebook too. Just landed in Oakland so I'll have to read the fb message later when we arrive at my fiancee's house in Modesto .

MtyMous

Honestly, I'm still not entirely convinced the guy isn't a troll or somehow knows the MM guys. He won't even post a picture of his car or any proof he is who he says he is. The way I see it, it's a very simple fix. He got banned once, came back with a different username... There should be no problem banning him again, but the leadership there simply refuses to do anything. It's a lack of leadership, a lack of care for those  who are trying to pour into the community, and I don't want to really be involved.

Do I want to see him publicly fooled? Yes. Do I care to take the time out of my own life to mess with him? no. I'll watch this unfold though.

94touring

What happens if he reads this thread?   8.gif.  :-[

Lol, that said, my only objective is to keep my website boison free. 

MPlayle

I just stopped posting on MM altogether.  I still lurk to try to monitor valuable discussions, but even that is becoming more difficult and frustrating.  He dumps his nonsense on almost any thread and repeatedly despite how much people do try to ignore him.  It is driving more and more of the older knowledgeable folks away from that forum.

As for MM leadership, it seems the Racines are all out having fun racing and leaving the business either to run itself, or in Jemal's hands.  Jemal seems to enjoy the trashing of the forum.  When the Racines do show up, it is only briefly to make a post about their racing or the next "super special offer".  I don't think the ever bother reading their own forum anymore.

I have noticed that even CHeleker does not post on MM very often anymore and he used to do remote sales and tech support for MM.

It is not worth our bother trying to set him up.  I know this sounds poor natured, but the best solution is for the Mini community to abandon the MM forum entirely and let that forum die and part of MM's business with it.  Since that forum does support their business, letting it go to trash reflects their care about their customer base.  Not a good reflection, so let them suffer some as well.

End-of-rant.

Jims5543

I have been screwing with internet forums since they were actually in MM's format and new.

One thing I have learned over the years, do not feed trolls.

Ignore them and if they have taken over, leave.

RX7Club used to be, and might still be, a horrible place to try to get answers to questions or have reasonable discussions. I stopped using that forum (and the vendor) in 2001.

Same went for Pelican Parts, when I was a Porsche owner, I found the owner of that forum and store to be boorish and decided not to support him with posts on his forum or purchases from his store.

Same goes for MM, I never used their forum, but, after reading on here many moons ago how bad the forum was and how overpriced they were, I chose to spend my money elsewhere.

Forums and parts stores are a tricky combo, you better have good moderators in place if you want to run both.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

Armycook

The troll owns and drives a classic mini. He's not going to the UK mini sites because he lives in America. He is here to stay. He may or may not find a way to join this forum but he will always be around no matter what we all do. He's been banned many times.

I met Don Racine last weekend at the Coronado Speedfestival and spoke little about the forum issue. It is their least concern. Don said they have given so much to the mini community especially the free classified ads and free open communication online for tech support within members and minimania tech expert Jemal. It is true. That's how I got my minis in the first place and all the goodies from chatting with members to swap and trade parts. It's not that they don't care. They just have a lot more important stuff to do than waste one of their employees paid hours to tinker with it. They've been here longer than Google and they're not going anywhere. It has few disadvantages in my opinion though and that is a few members leaving and this is why we are here. I do go there still from time to time but were all free to decide.

I'm still down to play with the troll. I'm overworked and needed a break :)

Jims5543

By all means fuck with him if that is what you want. I am not one to judge, I am the guy on the sidelines laughing his ass off, if this cat has a melt down.

If he wandered in here though, I am pretty sure he will get banned, and FYI- you can also ban an IP range and perma ban the ahole.

One big difference, Dan is very active on here and will not let his forum turn into a shit show, I am sure of that.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

sxsman

Hide your whiskey, women and weapons, SxS is lurking.
He's been banned. Someone wised up at MiniMania. Not much positive has been happening as of late.
I've popped in and read here from time to time. Couldn't log in, Dan helped me.
After the move, I'm starting back in on the mini.
Stealing your best ideas. Incorporating them in my build.

For zippy  ::)

SxS

John Gervais

I was going to ask you about that, Todd, read it on MM and nearly nose-blew my fizzy beverage.  Too funny!  Also, the picture of the mini in the post looked very similar to the red one he'd posted as his own project, but then I saw that it was missing the RH fuel tank.  Glad to see you've still got some spark!

I'd found at one time a small company that specialized in wedding planning that I though we could have used.  The same wicked thoughts crossed my mind, but then thought against it.  As it stands today, he stands out and probably not be welcome at many events - heck, he was invited to join the Arizona clubs, but refused 'as it would jeopardize his security'.  So, as far as I'm concerned, he'll languish in his own filth.  Or, he'll continue to pollute the MM board and drag it subterranean, while 'we' welcome new members to 'our' nicer, competent and civilized community.  Well, mostly civilized -

'Our' reputation goes up, MM's goes down; people want information, word gets around that this is the place to be.

One thing I've learned in my 15+ years on the MM message board - mini owners can be the nicest people in the world.  I've had the pleasure of befriending several.  There's a shared camaraderie (or maybe it's just shared suffering) that binds 'us', and separates 'them' from 'us'. 

My world can be quite simple, must be the fallout from having once been in the military - there are good guys & bad guys, us and them.  If you're not one of us, you must be one of them.
- Pave the Bay -

Air2air

Guys I'm so bummed out he got banned!  We were about to have the time of our lives there. 

If you want we can ask Jemal to let him back, just for our nefarious purposes.   BTW if you guys remember Sue, that was me.  It was a practice run and I got found out because I didn't do an adequate job of covering tracks, anonymity, etc.

94touring

It's best he's gone, though I'm somewhat bummed because it ran people to me lol. 

DS1980

"Lol, that said, my only objective is to keep my website boison free."

This is the best mini-based forum post ever.
It will happen again. Even if "it" is gone, I'm sticking with this forum as well. It's nice having the moderator, and the people here are great!

MiniDave

A forum is only as good as the people participating in it, and so far I think we've got a great group here!
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

John Gervais

Quote from: Air2air on September 26, 2015, 09:23:03 AM
Guys I'm so bummed out he got banned!  We were about to have the time of our lives there. 

If you want we can ask Jemal to let him back, just for our nefarious purposes.   BTW if you guys remember Sue, that was me.  It was a practice run and I got found out because I didn't do an adequate job of covering tracks, anonymity, etc.

Damn, she sounded so hot too...   9.gif
- Pave the Bay -