This is how I feel when I log in here recently.

Started by MtyMous, September 19, 2015, 10:18:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MtyMous

When I log in here and I see all of the new members and the new activity, I feel like this.

I've been waiting for this in-flow for a while now.

(I hope you guys got the reference)

94touring

Lol I've been waiting 6 years.  The early days were dead slow. 

MPlayle

It is definitely a good feeling.

I now have to regularly log in and let the forum tell me the new posts I haven't read rather than being able to remember them myself.

John Gervais

I login regularly, but it was slow when I joined - and that wasn't too long ago.  The activity level is good and getting better, but the best aspect is the level of enthusiasm.  I also like the time-wasting arcade; it's like a leach that attached itself to my watch, sucking time every chance it gets.   71.gif

Oh, and no retreads to deal with...   77.gif
- Pave the Bay -

94touring

Ah yes the arcade.  When I first put that in here we had some intense battles going on.

Mudhen

Crap, wish you hadn't reminded me of those arcade games... 11.gif

Armycook

DS1980

I'm here due to the collapse of the minimania forum.
I just read a post where the "moderator" went on a rant about racism and protecting idiots apparently because they're an immigrant. I still don't understand it. Busses, Boisions and Leave it to Beaver.

I'm glad I did. Figured out a problem with my mini that had it sitting in the garage the last 2 years because of this place. Getting the guts to remove the engine and clean it up. Still not there. Started sandblasting the boot due to surface rust. First time and wow, what a mess.

Mudhen

Quote from: DS1980 on October 30, 2015, 05:53:34 AM
Started sandblasting the boot due to surface rust. First time and wow, what a mess.

Last winter I needed to sandblast some stuff and since the car couldn't move outside I tried to make a cocoon around the area - man, that sand found even the smallest holes to escape from.  And then one of the lines on the sandblaster blew   :-[.  I'll probably find sand in strange places around the garage the rest of my life...

'Looks like you blew a seal!'
'Nah, it's just a little ice cream'

::)

DS1980

I was blasting up where the rear valance meets the rear panel in the boot. Didn't think anything of it until I looked inside and the rear seat is covered in sand. It found it's way underneath the side trim pieces around the windows to the cabin. I lifted out a trim panel and it was packed with sand behind it. Lesson learned. Just like with firearms, know what's beyond your target before pulling the trigger.

94touring

Quote from: DS1980 on October 30, 2015, 05:53:34 AM
I'm here due to the collapse of the minimania forum.
I just read a post where the "moderator" went on a rant about racism and protecting idiots apparently because they're an immigrant. I still don't understand it. Busses, Boisions and Leave it to Beaver.

I'm glad I did. Figured out a problem with my mini that had it sitting in the garage the last 2 years because of this place. Getting the guts to remove the engine and clean it up. Still not there. Started sandblasting the boot due to surface rust. First time and wow, what a mess.

That response of Jemals blew my mind.  I was thinking surely I'm not the only one who thinks this is a crazy response. 

MtyMous

He is off his rocker. He can be a very helpful and fun guy. Unfortunately, he's lost his cool one too many times recently and I've lost most of my respect for him.