There Are No Dumb Questions

Started by Rosebud, December 29, 2018, 09:49:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gr8kornholio

The over and over question I get is the old "Is it legal to drive on that side of the car?"  Guess no ones ever pays attention to the poor mail delivery person.  Lol.

Oddly enough I got more "You fit in that?" questions with my 07 MINI than I do with the classic.
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

Rosebud

Quote from: gr8kornholio on December 30, 2018, 10:22:19 AM

Oddly enough I got more "You fit in that?" questions with my 07 MINI than I do with the classic.

I read somewhere that there's more cubic feet of interior space in a classic then in BMW's version. Is that possible?
Rosebud
...the sled, not the flower
https://www.facebook.com/PoserMotorSports

ve9aa

I own both.  I doubt it.  The modern one is bigger (I think) but barely!
Mike in NB

30 minutes in a Mini is more therapeutic than 3 sessions at the shrink.

jeff10049

Actual cubic feet no the BMW has more but, the ability to seat 4 adults the classic is better.

Ability to haul stuff goes to the Bini.

ADRay

the most surprising (but not that dumb) question I get is "what kind of car is that?"
1982 Mini 1000 HL
@andyray998

gr8kornholio

Just remembered my other favorite. "What size wheels are those?"  No one even comes close. It's fun to watch the hesitation on their face as they dare to say 12. Like it's not possible for them to be that small.

"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

ADRay

Quote from: gr8kornholio on December 31, 2018, 09:20:34 PM
Just remembered my other favorite. "What size wheels are those?"  No one even comes close. It's fun to watch the hesitation on their face as they dare to say 12. Like it's not possible for them to be that small.

that's probably the #1 question I get... for some reason it's the wheels that get the attention
1982 Mini 1000 HL
@andyray998

jeff10049

I don't know if it is a dumb question but to me, it is as I am tired of it.
"How many miles per gallon do you get?"

MiniDave

Yes, and they seem disappointed when you tell them 30mpg or so.......
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

gr8kornholio

With my big motor and enthusiastic foot I doubt I get that. Truthfully I've never bothered to check.

ve9aa

Quote from: MiniDave on January 01, 2019, 08:10:21 PM
Yes, and they seem disappointed when you tell them 30mpg or so.......

After we got our Mini in 2005, the first few people we were honest with....35, 40 whatever we told them.  They seemed very disappointed.   8.gif

Now we tell anyone who asks "100 mpg".  They go away very happy.

Tell'm what they want to hear. 19.gif
Mike in NB

30 minutes in a Mini is more therapeutic than 3 sessions at the shrink.

BruceK

Ah, the infamous miles per gallon question.  All too often people with limited thinking believe the only reason for a small car is to save on gas.   

When I get the mpg question with my Mini I answer with something like: "I have no idea about miles per gallon - I sure don't own it to save gas.   I own it to enjoy driving it - it's handles like a go-kart and takes corners like it's glued to the road."

That changes their perspective - hopefully.  Of course 97% of people out there have no idea what 'handling' is, or that g-forces are there just waiting to be enjoyed.   They're the same people that think the 'S' in SUV means sporty, when in fact it the use of 'sport' in SUV actually means a 4 wheel drive vehicle capable of delivering the driver to off-road places where the sport of hunting, fishing, etc. can be enjoyed.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

MiniDave

yeah, there's nothing "sporty" about the way those behemoths drive. Having just spent a week in a Kia I can promise you, they're big comfy luxobarges but NOT sporty in any stretch of the imagination.

I remember when I picked up the 99 Ford F-150 company truck with the word "Sport" writ large on the flanks. Rose looked at it quizzically and said "sport?" Yeah, it's a sport truck......says I.  ::) 8.gif 77.gif

When people ask me what kind of mileage I get in the Racing Green classic, I just tell them it gets great mileage.....and leave it at that.
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

gr8kornholio

Shoot, my se model of my highlander have done several mountain road trips. Handles pretty well.