may begin supplying parts

Started by 94touring, March 07, 2013, 09:56:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

94touring

I've been in talks with a UK panel manufactuerer about buying in bulk at wholesale prices.  The idea being any jobs I take on I have panels in stock, but also I can begin to sell parts to those of you with projects at good prices also.  I have a number of items on my plate to clear out before I get to this point, but thought i'd spitball the idea with you guys.

Nicholasupton

Depending on who the manufacturer is I would go for it. But begin by only stock common parts, like front end/ a-panels, and door skins, not brackets and panels that only fit a few models, or are rarely replaced.

94touring

My thoughts exactly Nick.  Will be getting shipping quotes soon to determine all the numbers to see if its doable.

Nicholasupton

It is something that I considered when I started my business, but I felt the investment was not worth the results as MM and 7ent are in my back yard, with 7ent being less the an hour away and MM 25 miles further.

MiniGene

How soon were you going to start?  I'll need to order a nose panel for my 77.

94touring

Maybe soner than expected.  Getting quotes on shipping, or at least sent a query in today. 

94touring

Almost have all the figures in.  May have some carpet kits, wheels, and various other items as more of a group buy category to get cost down to save you guys a buck.

Willie_B

I could use my next set of Yoko 165/70-10's. They are affordable in the UK but shipping kills it.

Mudhen

Aren't you a pilot?

I think we can all buy our own parts cheap enough if you'd just fly over and get them for us... 4.gif

94touring

Ha yeah.  I think I confused Twitchel when I showed up to buy his car in uniform. 

Mudhen

Hey...what about supplying consumables?  Like you pointed me in the direction of those 3m sanding discs instead of throwing my money away on the HD ones.  Might just as well buy them here, right?

MiniGene

Quote from: Mudhen on March 12, 2013, 02:25:27 PM
Aren't you a pilot?

I think we can all buy our own parts cheap enough if you'd just fly over and get them for us... 4.gif

Great idea! LOL When do you start flying internationally?

94touring

I will certainly look into it.  Just has to be something that's worth everyones time and dollar bills. 

94touring

Quote from: MiniGene on March 12, 2013, 03:22:56 PM
Quote from: Mudhen on March 12, 2013, 02:25:27 PM
Aren't you a pilot?

Great idea! LOL When do you start flying internationally?

Well I already fly internationally technically, but don't plan on making any special trips to the UK!

94touring

May 10th is the new eta for my palet of panels.  Was a goat rope between shippers and a non responsive customs broker.  Good thing I never get stressed.

94touring

Found some more time to add a few more items to the store that should be in my master order of parts. 

94touring

Finally cleared customs!  We had one typo/mistake on the paperwork that was a mess to fix.

94touring

Yah!  Now I gotta tear into this 700lb box and take inventory. 

Mudhen

4.gif

Christmas in July! May!

94touring

It is very exciting!  Never thought I'd be importing that many panels at once.  But then again several years ago I never imagined I'd be importing cars 3 at a time either.  That was fun times too.

94touring

Well aside from being shorted a front end panel  :-[  Everything is all there.  I'm already out of stock on front end panels   :(

Willie_B

Nice. Not rusted mini parts.