Repro Plates

Started by stan360, October 19, 2015, 11:22:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stan360

I wanted to share this sales pitch as I am extremely happy with some repro plates I ordered.....

I had some plates made for the mini by Tipper's Vintage Plates.   While I have an original 70's Unipart plate for the rear of my auto which has thin and brittle digits,  the front has a later issue  plastic plate plate probably because it takes more of a beating up there. 

Tipper's website states they can reproduce any type of vintage UK plate so I had them make me up some new 70's style plates....one set with raised plastic digits like my Unipart plate  and a set of pressed aluminum plates.  The digits on both styles of  plate are quite similar to the period plates , as are  size and construction , so I am happy with them .  Here are some pics .   I  also received them from across the pond in a week.

Jims5543

Dang, that looks really good.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

SoCalMiniFan

Wow those look amazing. 

"If it's not fun, why do it?"

MiniDave

What did they cost?

Mine say Mini Spares on them, so apparently they can get them too.....mine are the correct registration numbers for Buzz too....
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

stan360

Dave, those plastic digit plates are 45£ per set. 

jedduh01

http://www.tippersvintageplates.co.uk/

Thanks for the info! 

Have a friend with OG original brit plates and One Letter has fallen off- out of place--- has  a matching front tho - so now a source to replace the bad plate!

That originality Matters!

stan360

Yeah, they restore plates also. 

Armycook

I just sent them a message. I wonder if they can make custom vintage monte carlo shaped rally plates? Hard to find a plate maker than does raised characters. Something like this one..

stan360

I bet they could make the rally plate. It may require making a special template for this one.  I have seen some rally plates on ebay uk, some originals and some replicas.