Previous topic - Next topic

BruceK

Congratulations on your anniversary!
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

tsumini

Shouldn't this be in the "What haven't I done in my shop today" thread.
Congrats.

94touring

Quote from: tsumini on January 20, 2021, 12:17:34 PM
Shouldn't this be in the "What haven't I done in my shop today" thread.
Congrats.

Very accurate lol.  We ordered a pizza and that's been it for the day.

Jims5543

Yeah....

Working 7 day weeks.  My "weekend" consists of Saturday and Sunday afternoon/evenings with the family.

Tonight...

1 year old 120 IPA's were tapped into (here is to you Mudhen!! Salute!!!) when they age sediment develops.  I use a napkin to filter out the gunk. These start life as 12% beers as they age that increases, at 1 year I would guess maybe 14%, I typically age for 2-3 years. I have been so busy this last year I cannot find time to buy more. So I am almost out.

This evening we made pizzas, it is really windy here (35-40MPH winds) therefore I was unsure if the BGE would get hot enough. Well, the wind worked to help a new record high of 610° was achieved.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

94touring

I was just looking and Mudhen hasn't logged on since October 2020.

Jims5543

That is sad.

I wonder if her is reluctant to post here for the same reasons I am.

Miss you Mudhen, you are good people!!

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

94touring

Nuremberg Germany for a couple days.  The country is shut down but crew members get to drink.

94touring

BruceK

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

94touring

94touring

gr8kornholio

Totally jealous about that one. Definitely one of my favorite beers.
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

94touring

Quote from: gr8kornholio on March 29, 2021, 06:38:00 PM
Totally jealous about that one. Definitely one of my favorite beers.

Same here.  I prefer it over Guinness but feel obligated to drink at least one while I'm here. 

I have 4 more days of hanging out going through the beer menu before flying again.  Sometimes this job feels like Norm on Cheers when he got hired at the brewery.

gr8kornholio

Yea, getting paid to fly yourself around the world and sample beers.  Lol. Good thing you have a job, I mean hobby, while you are home. 😁
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

94touring

Quote from: gr8kornholio on March 30, 2021, 08:16:19 AM
Yea, getting paid to fly yourself around the world and sample beers.  Lol. Good thing you have a job, I mean hobby, while you are home. 😁

I hands down work more at home lol.  The past 6 months my average work month flying has been 17 hours.  Sometimes I end up with overtime in that 17 hours, which I still haven't figured out but I'm not going to ask them either.  My 16 day trip this month has me "working" 2 days and a total of 13 hours.  Rode to Bulgaria in the back of a plane, hung out for two days, then rode Turkish Airways over to Germany to hangout for 2 days.  Flew an hour to Poland then 2 hours down to Ireland, here for a week.  Then ride to Bulgaria to hang out for 2 days, go to Kuwait really quick and come home, where I'm off for 2 weeks.  Oh and when I landed in Instanbul on my way to Germany there was a young, and rather attractive girl, holding a sign with my name.  Being business class means I'm VIP there apparently.  She had me hop in a cart and she drove me to customs, took all my paperwork and info and processed me through, drove me to the executive lounge, they had chefs cooking food so I ate well, they drove me to some shops, I bought a really badass sports jacket, then they drove me to the gate.  The whole time I was thinking what in the hell is happening. Lol.

94touring

When I say hung out in Bulgaria 2 days...partied hard with crews, pent house, hot tubs, and drank a lot of wine.

94touring

MiniDave

"Ipish"? Does that mean what it sounds like? A drunk Irishman says he has to pee?   ;D
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

I didn't even catch that.  This one is spelled right.

MiniDave

Ha! I like the other one better!
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MPlayle

Quote from: 94touring on March 30, 2021, 08:29:59 AM

...  Flew an hour to Poland then 2 hours down to Ireland, here for a week.  Then ride to Bulgaria to hang out for 2 days, go to Kuwait really quick and come home, where I'm off for 2 weeks.  ...

Does that mean you might actually be home for the Kerrville drives?

94touring

I'll be back on a trip by the end of April when the Kerrville event starts.

94touring

94touring

Some kind of pilsner lager tonight.

cstudep

The best part of traveling to various alcohol establishments is the variety of new beers you can try on tap.