The drunk thread

Started by 94touring, December 28, 2014, 10:12:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jims5543

Well, THAT was awkward... sheesh, like none of you have given yourselves a handy.

Moving on..

Ordered take away from a gastropub that was a 20 minute drive away, my only reason for wanting to order from there is because their old fashioned is on another level.  I need to step up my game.  BTW - I made the drive home in 12 minutes. Thank god for stay at home orders.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

94touring

Lol.  I left you "hanging"

Jims5543

A couple of weeks ago I noticed my 21 y/o was getting a little low.

I kept my eyes out for a deal on another one and found a decent deal last week. Plus I got a code for a 10% discount.

I ran by the house to make a sandwich to bring back to the office and found a box had been delivered.

My first bottle did not come in a box, so I was pretty surprised by the box.

The bigger surprise was a bottling date and batch number I was expecting a much newer bottle, I am part amazed and a little disappointed since I wanted to see if a newer one was as good. I am curious to see if there is a difference in taste.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

Jims5543

94touring

Well I've spent the past 2 days partying like a rock star with other pilots at the hotel before we blast off to Bulgaria tomorrow.   Our captain pulled out a bottle of whiskey last night at 4am when the beer ran out.  I knew it was time to call it a night at that moment. 

Jims5543

Any of you know anything about the Bushmills numbering system.

I am having a hard time believing I have a bottle 50 numbers away from the bottle I purchased 3 years ago.

Could they go through such a small amount? Or did I just get lucky?

Am I looking at my bottle is 50 batches later than the 1st one, or 50 bottles later?

Jims5543

I found my answer, a friend from Ireland pointed this out to me.

QuoteProduced in very limited numbers, Bushmills 21 Year Old single malt has spent at least 19 years in ex-Bourbon casks and oloroso Sherry butts, with a further two years spent marrying in Madeira wine casks.

Colum Egan, master distiller, said: "each bottle of Bushmills 21 Year Old Single Malt will have the year of bottling and its own individual number referenced on the bottle, making it even more collectable to those who purchase it."

Seems I have 2 bottles from the same batch 50 bottles apart. Purchased 3-4 years apart.

John Gervais

Wow, what are the odds of that happening twice!
- Pave the Bay -

94touring

BruceK

Quote from: 94touring on May 02, 2020, 12:42:25 PM
Back in Ireland

I can almost visualize all the bubbles falling to the bottom of that glass.  Mmmmmmm
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

94touring

Quote from: BruceK on May 02, 2020, 01:43:44 PM
Quote from: 94touring on May 02, 2020, 12:42:25 PM
Back in Ireland

I can almost visualize all the bubbles falling to the bottom of that glass.  Mmmmmmm

They closed the bar, but let us stay.  If we want more drinks we just get them and tell the front desk to charge it to our room.  Hence..

MPlayle

Somebody was "feeling no pain" by the time that was over.

I would have been sick well before reaching that amount.

94touring

Quote from: MPlayle on May 03, 2020, 05:33:02 AM
Somebody was "feeling no pain" by the time that was over.

I would have been sick well before reaching that amount.

The one captain probably had too much whiskey to go with however many beers we ended up having between the 4 of us.  I'm sure he will be hating life today. There were several empty glasses not shown here that the staff had previously taken away before they left for the night.  I'm waiting for the other guy to wake up so we can go hiking around today. Currently in the afternoon here and really nice out. 

Jims5543

Dan, you guys have to be fuckin legends with the locals there, that is some Irish level drinking going on. Does the Captain that is into whiskey like the local swill? 

A suggestion if he is adventurous:

Quiet Man
http://www.thequietmanirishwhiskey.com/

It is made in Londonderry and is actually quite good for a new startup.  (new as in less than 10 years old)

Took the E21 out to run around this weekend after a wash and wax.   My FIL had never seen it before, I rarely drive it.

We had stopped by their house to drop some things off and pick some things up.  My FIL and I sat out front and had a "beer" after he looked over the E21.

On a hot day it was surprisingly refreshing.

94touring

Jim, yeah the captain is all about the local stuff.  On my walk yesterday there was a group of local guys with a couple cases of beer drinking by the river.  Today I'm switching off the Guinness.

Jims5543

Those chips look gross.   ;D

Jims5543

A very fine delivery came today. I was anxious to try the black bush which is the North of Irelands Jack Daniel's. It is very nice. Going to be getting more of that. Buffalo Trace is a fantastic budget minded Kentucky Whisky.

gr8kornholio

Once you go black you never go back, bush that is 🤪
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

94touring

Beer and wine anyone?  Waiting on a buddy to join me in the lobby to day drink and tell stories.

John Gervais

- Pave the Bay -

94touring

It's not bad!  I got it at the grocery store next door.  Doug and I were new hires at my former airline, he's now a chief pilot there.  Trying to get him to apply to where I currently work.

Jims5543

Who the hell shows up with an empty 6 pack of Red Stripe?  Honestly!!

94touring

Quote from: Jims5543 on May 28, 2020, 06:33:00 PM
Who the hell shows up with an empty 6 pack of Red Stripe?  Honestly!!

He was like here throw this out.

94touring

Too early to start drinking?

Jims5543

Lmao! I asked the same question today as well. I kind of switched from coffee to beer. I cannot remember the last time I had nothing to do. It feels great to finally be caught up at work after months.