The drunk thread

Started by 94touring, December 28, 2014, 10:12:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jims5543

Quote from: 94touring on November 11, 2018, 07:13:07 PM
Reminds me of some old wine my parents had that turned to vinegar!

Trust me, these World Wide Stouts aged VERY well.

I am having a hard time finishing my second one.  I feel like a man wearing a Bahamas t-shirt in a nail salon right now.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

94touring

I'll have Farrah Fawcett shirts to post soon.  There's a story behind it I'll reveal at that time.

Jims5543

Quote from: MiniDave on November 11, 2018, 06:42:38 PM
I don't drink, but I used to keep beer around for my friends. I bought a 6 pack of Coors light because some friends liked it but we forgot about it down in the garage fridge, 6 years later I threw it away.....

My question was how long did you wait to drink a beer you purchased.

You answered 6 years... you were well on your way to legend status...

Then you threw it away and ruined everything.

Admittedly, I do not think Coors light will get better with age. So there is that.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

94touring

To answer your question Jim, probably a few months.  I really don't keep a lot of beer at the house.  We do have 20-40 bottles of wine on hand at any given time. 

Jims5543

Quote from: 94touring on November 11, 2018, 09:42:13 PM
To answer your question Jim, probably a few months.  I really don't keep a lot of beer at the house.  We do have 20-40 bottles of wine on hand at any given time.

Wino!!

I follow a guy on IG that used to manage the corner gastropub, he is now a rep for a beer distributor. He collects beer, some bottle he opens are 7-10 years old!!!!

94touring

Is beer good that long? I just always thought you wanted to drink it sooner than later. 

Jims5543

Depends on the beer.

Strong IPA's and Stouts do well with age. Dog Fish Head seems to put out a few different beers that they suggest you let age.

If I had not tasted the difference myself I would have though that to be a rubbish statement.

There are other IPA's and general beers that are better fresh. 

94touring

Yeah I never knew! When you come to town there's some prairie brewery beers you should take home to shelf then.  Some of these are 13 point and I can only handle 1 because they are a lot of flavor.  Depending on the batch they taste different too.

Jims5543

Jims5543

Jims5543

Quote from: Jims5543 on November 11, 2018, 05:32:21 PM
How long have you waited after buying some beer to drink it?

I opened up a bottle I purchased 11 months ago this evening.  I have some from April 2017 that are still aging.  They are Dog Fish Head 120 IPA's.

This World Wide Stout is almost a year old, I have a 4 pack, 2 were opened this evening. I spent the entire weekend working on drafting so I can take a week off starting this upcoming Friday. I decided to unwind a little this evening, it has been a pretty stressful weekend and week last week. The upcoming week is going to be bonkers.. I do NOT want to take a week off Mrs5543 is forcing me to.  I already threw a couple of temper tantrums.

Mrs5543 was cooking up some steaks this evening, I decided to open up these righteous stouts.

A little info about the bottles I opened.

https://www.dogfish.com/brewery/beer/oak-aged-vanilla-world-wide-stout

I no longer have in my possession any more stouts. My 4 pack is gone.

My wife making Chili started this evening. Which was costly as I made a Watch purchase because of...... Stouts.

............... to be continued.

94touring

We're having too much fun.  Day drinking.

Jims5543

Quote from: 94touring on November 11, 2018, 07:43:29 PM
I'll have Farrah Fawcett shirts to post soon.  There's a story behind it I'll reveal at that time.

**clears throat**

Mudhen

94touring

Quote from: Jims5543 on December 17, 2018, 05:49:06 AM
Quote from: 94touring on November 11, 2018, 07:43:29 PM

**clears throat**

Guess there's not much of a story. So Skylar and I have been friends for years. When she left Tulsa to go live in Brooklyn I'd go visit occasionally. One morning after a late night out we found ourselves in a diner people watching as people walked the street. One guy had a hoodie with Farrah on it, and when he unzipped it, under was a t shirt with Farrah on it. It became known to us as the double Farrah. Since we both share bdays in December and the same sense of humor, I bought us all Farrah shirts to wear out on a day drinking bday celebration. Actually since she moved back to Tulsa our weekends involve a lot of shenanigans.  The 3 of us together are a power trio for sure.  She'll be at the wedding as one of my groomsmen as well. 

Jims5543

I am actually scared to attend this wedding... for many reasons, some include alcohol poisoning, others include shenanigans I cannot possibly begin to comprehend nor understand especially when rocketing my way towards alcohol poisoning.

If I disappear with no notice, understand I realized I drank too much and need to get to a safe place no as not to make an ass out of myself.

Nothing personal.

94touring

Lol but making an ass of yourself is allowed in the cellar bar.  You've seen the pics..

Jims5543

I am trying not to mortify my wife bro.  I am kind of fond of her and try not to embarrass her too much. She is already wondering if I am going to behave.  :D

There is a Porsche guy I "know" from a Porsche forum who lives in Tulsa, I am trying to get him to come out and meet up with me Friday...  Not sure he is game I think he prefers to sit in front of a computer, I may be wrong.

He e-seems to be a cool dude.

Jims5543

Quote from: 94touring on December 17, 2018, 02:12:00 PM
Lol but making an ass of yourself is allowed in the cellar bar.  You've seen the pics..

I am afraid of my ability to take it to another level.   ;D

All joking aside, I am really looking forward to visiting, excited to meet the people you talk about and see the city.

Less than a month.

94touring

It's getting close! You get in Friday?

Jims5543

Yessir...

Friday at noon we arrive, gonna Uber into downtown to our Hotel (Aloft) then see about taking in some sites.

Of which I have no idea, I have yet to do my typical research of the city like I do anywhere I travel to, I should have some time over the holiday weekends.

May start a Tusla thread.   ;D

94touring

Aloft has an airport shuttle fyi. 

Jims5543

Quote from: 94touring on December 20, 2018, 07:18:03 PM
Aloft has an airport shuttle fyi.

Game changer...

Helpful post was helpful.

94touring

Ubers here are typically cheap, but save yourself a few bucks.  Ubering from the hotel to any spot downtown, provided it's not 2am on a Friday or Saturday, is about $5-$7.  The hotel is a block from my house and bar.

Jims5543

Back to alcohol.

A month or two ago I stumbled upon a bottle of Buffalo Trace in a Wal-Mart liquor store of all places.  I grabbed it since I had heard it was good. Good was an understatement. 

I used to think Elijah Craig was a fantastic bargain of quality vs. price, Buffalo Trace is on entirely different level.  Amazingly smooth and fantastic taste.  Wal mart had it for sub $30.

Well, I was REALLY enjoying it, and the bottle was getting low, so I decided to go back to Wal Mart and grab another, none left.  Went to ABC nothing and there I was told, good luck they fly off the shelves as fast as they stock them.  Seems in Florida we get limited quantities.

Yesterday I had 15 minutes to burn, I was driving past a small mom and pop liquor store that is near Jupiter Island, which is a very wealthy area, I decided to go in and see.  They had 5 bottles on the shelf.  I grabbed two.  ;D  Sadly they were marked up, due to rarity, to $35 a bottle. Damn them.

They also have a bottle of Blantons on the shelf, except they marked it up to  $170 from What should be about $80. I have a bottle on hand at home that is unopened, I will not open until I get a second one.  That bottle shall remain sealed.

In the meantime.  Happiness, looking forward to sitting on the back porch and enjoying this Buffalo Trace after a long work week.