The drunk thread

Started by 94touring, December 28, 2014, 10:12:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jims5543

Quote from: BruceK on June 28, 2018, 11:40:02 AM
Quote from: MiniGene on June 28, 2018, 11:21:15 AM
My wife bought this at the store this afternoon.  I don't know if you've heard but there is a beer shortage in the UK and Europe.  Gotta take the necessary precautions.

I heard about that.  Shortage of CO2.  Right in the middle of the World Cup too!

I read about it too, crazy!

Time to drink Whisky!!

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

Jims5543

I was going to say what I am up to lets see if anyone can guess what drink I made this evening?

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

94touring

I'm not sure what you made Jim but someone recently turned me on to highlife with orange juice.  It's surprisingly good on a hot day.

Also in the spirit of the drunk thread, Jen and I will be getting married in our local bar we met in.  It's down in a tiny cellar and will have a 20s theme.  We're friends with the owners and get the keys for the day.  Our buddy Bill who introduced us just got his marriage licence for fun to marry our other friends.  Since he's the "bar dad", our closest friend, introduced us, and can marry us, it only makes sense he perform the ceremony. 

Mudhen

Quote from: 94touring on July 24, 2018, 08:07:13 AM
I'm not sure what you made Jim but someone recently turned me on to highlife with orange juice.  It's surprisingly good on a hot day.

Also in the spirit of the drunk thread, Jen and I will be getting married in our local bar we met in.  It's down in a tiny cellar and will have a 20s theme.  We're friends with the owners and get the keys for the day.  Our buddy Bill who introduced us just got his marriage licence for fun to marry our other friends.  Since he's the "bar dad", our closest friend, introduced us, and can marry us, it only makes sense he perform the ceremony.

Wow, congrats Capn' Dan!  4.gif

94touring

Thank you! Also, any of you that would like to attend are welcome.  20s theme or shorts and a t shirt are fine, though it's January 19th.  I know Jim and wife booked a hotel a block over from the bar/where we live.  We're working on a block rate at another hotel a couple blocks over.  We actually lived above the bar for awhile and Bill still does.  Putting my best man in the air bnb above the bar as well.  3 apartments up there, with the one half bar owner owning the entire building.

Willie_B

Also in the spirit of the drunk thread, Jen and I will be getting married in our local bar we met in.

Great news Dan.

What's the weather like in Tulsa in January?

94touring

Cold! Perfect suit weather.  Can be anywhere between 20 and 50 with our squirrely weather.

Jims5543

I was making an Old Fashioned and I am getting pretty good at it.

When we were in Orlando we ate at this place called Cowfish, we both got some Sushi which was actually really good there.

On the menu there was a drink that combined 2 of my favorite things.  Bacon and Whiskey. It was called the Buffalo / Bacon Old Fashioned. I had to try it. Buffalo Trace Whiskey was used, that is where the Buffalo comes from.

QuoteAlso in the spirit of the drunk thread, Jen and I will be getting married in our local bar we met in.  It's down in a tiny cellar and will have a 20s theme.  We're friends with the owners and get the keys for the day.  Our buddy Bill who introduced us just got his marriage licence for fun to marry our other friends.  Since he's the "bar dad", our closest friend, introduced us, and can marry us, it only makes sense he perform the ceremony.

Once again, congrats!! Looking forward seeing you all the places and the great people around you.

MiniGene

Congrats on your engagement, Dan! 

94touring

Bump to the top! 

I've had a ton of new airline students lately with no prior jet experience. My stress levels have been through the roof.  Today my student damn near crashed in Chicago on the landing.  I had to scramble and take over.  Still managed to slam down and bounce the plane, ahh HARD.  Hands down the worst landing I've ever seen in the jet I fly.  Calming my nerves.

gasmini

How many did it take to get calmed down all the way?
I usually do that when my boss tries to tell me how to run my machine. All he knows is that you push the green button to start it.

94touring

3 was the magic number.  Once for each bounce on landing.

gr8kornholio

How many dirty looks from passengers?  Yea that definitely sounds like a rough experience.  Ouch. 
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

94touring

I apologized over the PA and kept the door closed at the gate.  Student is getting sent back to the sim before attempting any more real life landings. 

Jims5543

If your co pilot was older I would swear he was my pilot on a flight to Atlanta.  We landed 3X then too, I want to say I mentioned something to the pilot, who I was amazed was out in sight, that I thought the second landing was best. I may have just thought of saying it and chickened out, I honestly cannot remember.

I have not been partaking much over the last few weeks.  Too busy.

A few weeks ago I was working a couple towns south, there is a really cool craft beer store there. I saw this and had to try it.

It twas really good!

I also grabbed some good ol Ten Fiddy!!

Last month I was working late, and took advantage of my after 5 rule. I keep a bottle at the office, Madmen style.

Jims5543

Oh, I bought these a few weeks ago, Mrs5543 wanted to go to Total Wine to get some rare Tequila as a gift to our friend who just opened up her 3rd retail store and was having a grand opening.

You can get drunk shopping in there on a Friday evening!!

All over the store was tasting tables setup with samples (about 1/2 a hot to a full shot) being handed out.

I was looking for Proper 12 which is Conor McGregors brand whiskey.  Priced at $25 a bottle I laughed, he knew his client base.

There was a table near the whiskey isle that was offering samples of Heavens Door, I had no idea Bob Dylan had put out a Bourbon and also put out a whiskey with a higher proof. I gave both a try and liked the lower octane Bourbon better. 

I also wandered around and found a lady offering 12 and 16 year old Scotch for tasting. I was already getting a buzz so I was all for trying more.  LMAO!! 

So I ended up with a extra bottle of Heavans Door I was not intending to purchase, Dylans was a tad more expensive.  I like Proper 12 better after tasting both.

Mudhen

Quote from: Jims5543 on November 08, 2018, 06:18:23 PM
A few weeks ago I was working a couple towns south, there is a really cool craft beer store there. I saw this and had to try it.

It twas really good!

Nice glass!  4.gif

MiniGene

Quote from: 94touring on November 07, 2018, 12:00:54 PMStudent is getting sent back to the sim before attempting any more real life landings.

I'm glad you have a "go" or "no-go" policy AND are actually able to exercise the "no-go" option.

Jims5543

Quote from: Mudhen on November 09, 2018, 05:01:51 AM
Quote from: Jims5543 on November 08, 2018, 06:18:23 PM

It twas really good!

Nice glass!  4.gif

All the cool people have them.   ;D

If you cannot find that Cat5 Grapefruit IPA let me know and I will procure some for you.

Jims5543

94touring

I had a day with the girls yesterday.  Started with coffee, then brunch with bloody Mary's, mimosas, onto pedi/mani with wine, back to the house for more drinks and movie on the couch.

Also my shirt was...

Jims5543

Jims5543

How long have you waited after buying some beer to drink it?

I opened up a bottle I purchased 11 months ago this evening.  I have some from April 2017 that are still aging.  They are Dog Fish Head 120 IPA's.

This World Wide Stout is almost a year old, I have a 4 pack, 2 were opened this evening. I spent the entire weekend working on drafting so I can take a week off starting this upcoming Friday. I decided to unwind a little this evening, it has been a pretty stressful weekend and week last week. The upcoming week is going to be bonkers.. I do NOT want to take a week off Mrs5543 is forcing me to.  I already threw a couple of temper tantrums.

Mrs5543 was cooking up some steaks this evening, I decided to open up these righteous stouts.

A little info about the bottles I opened.

https://www.dogfish.com/brewery/beer/oak-aged-vanilla-world-wide-stout

MiniDave

I don't drink, but I used to keep beer around for my friends. I bought a 6 pack of Coors light because some friends liked it but we forgot about it down in the garage fridge, 6 years later I threw it away.....
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Reminds me of some old wine my parents had that turned to vinegar!