Mini ready for paint and body - anyone in GA (Atlanta) or southeast?

Started by thebluepotato, October 08, 2014, 07:15:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebluepotato

All - I have a mini that is at the point for sanding, paint and mild body work and currently is at a really good body-shop now.  Problem is that there is very little movement on the project due to a rash of reasons with the business and I think it may be time to move on (which is a shame as they do really great work).  Looking at 14 months now with just some basic media blasting to engine bay and wheel wells. 

Honestly - I have spoken to the owner of the shop and we have looked at all the areas that need some TLC, and it really is in good shape.

I just need to find someone here or find a rec for a good good body shop in Georgia (Atlanta) who knows these cars well (especially on the panels/doors, etc) who can start and get this done.  I have a budget and just ready to move forward.

And yes, if my work was not so much busy this year, I would do this myself - but just need this done correctly.

Any help or recommendations would be appreciated.  Hit me up here on this thread or shoot me a message (peter_son /-\T yahoo d0t c0m).

sparetimetoys

I would say get in touch with WilliE B on here he is from that neck of the woods.
Home of Global Warmer Racing. Saving the smog one car at a time.

MD-IN-UK

Bluepotato, have you had any luck yet? Any updates?
If not, I know this is a stretch, but I'm in the Southeast part of Virginia if you think you'd need to go that far to "git er done".

Don't let the quote scare you, I'm not a silly redneck, I've been in the auto body trade for better than 40 years, and have the means to help you if your interested.

shoot me an email john_santiago90@yahoo.com
THE BITTERNESS OF POOR QUALITY REMAINS LONG AFTER THE SWEETNESS OF LOW PRICE IS FORGOTTEN

thebluepotato

Just posting up updates for Basil as it has been some time...but the paint and body work is amazing...

Willie_B

Digging the color choice. Going to look great when it's all done. 4.gif

94touring

thebluepotato

That is the old faithful, BMC Tweed Grey.  I fell in love with this color long ago and stops me dead in my tracks when I see a mk1 or mk2.