85 tahiti blue (flur continued)

Started by 94touring, April 03, 2013, 07:14:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davisio

4.gif

Can't wait to see it with wheels on [again].

94touring

Well another day, another handful of broken bolts.  And a headache...walked into the cherry picker arm moving the engine and actually hurt myself to the point of severe headache and nausea.  Anyways, got the rear end finished and on the car.  Have most of the front suspension done, with the exception of I need to do the bearings and knuckle joints on one assembly, and the pins holding the lower arms on the new subby are ridiculously not budging for me to rebush them, so probably going to cut these off and use the other set I have.  I finally gave up trying to get the damn things off.  The banjo bolt on the slave busted off, so suppose I'll just order a new slave since everything else is new at this point.  Fuel lines are in, engine is cleaned up pretty good, and I got new gauges mounted and the white faces on the existing gauges put on.  Started to put this new awesome looking steering wheel on but the boss kit is apparently the wrong one, cause bitch don't fit.  So that's aggravating as well.  Did I mention my head hurts? 

All new rear end, shiny lines, and the list goes on.

Block painted and piles of parts ready to go on.  Some shiny disc on assemblies sitting there too.

Davisio

Quite the "injection" of coolness in choice of color.

17.gif

94touring

Trying to figure out where to put the sensor for the oil temp gauge.   Anyone have any suggestions on what they've done?

MiniGene

Sounds like this Mini is fighting you the whole way! Everything sure is looking good, though. Hope your head feels better today, you may have gotten a mild concussion.

BTW, what is the flattie V8 from?

94touring

Ha, yeah its had its moments.  Bolts snapping off inside things left and right turns into a fiasco.  Makes for quick removal of things but drilling out and fixing all the damage is time consuming.  Head has a lump on it today but the headache is gone.  I wasn't too concerned till a few hours later when I started feeling sick.  You always hear of people bumping their head then dying a few hours later after not feeling well.  Wouldn't want the final pic of this project me laying dead over the front subframe struggling with things.  It was around that time I said to hell with the lower arms and went home.  The other brake assembly is apart, just needs a half hour to do the bearings and knuckle joints.  Once I get the new arms and bushings on I can get the engine in there and move on to electrical fun.   

94touring

Well my day started at 4 am in the northeast.  Not only does the weather have it messed up but my plane is broken.  I'm supposed to be coming home today to continue on getting the front suspension built.  Wish me luck.

Davisio

Right on.

Can't wait to see some more update pics.

Happy Thanksgiving!

94touring

94touring

My day isn't even half way over yet

94touring

Still plugging away.  Sitting in Pittsburgh waiting for de ice.  I will be pushing my luck to catch the last flight home tonight.

94touring

No joy.  My flight through stl is delayed 3.45 hours out of Philly, dfw bound to spend the night there I suppose. 

94touring

94touring

Lower bushes on the bastard, hi lo and cones compressed, other brake assembly built, and sub frame back in for the second time.  Now dinner and sleep.

Davisio

94touring

Ok got a fair amount done.  Got the busted studs out of the head too, though the hardware store was short two studs so will have to source the other two next time around.  I'll have to align it and for now letting it sit on the suspension to settle in so I can adjust the hi los. 

Willie_B

Davisio

Awesome. Awesome. Awesome.

[Do you have to switch the wiper direction since we switched to LHD?]

94touring

I'm getting there.  Then once it runs I'm not going to want to give it to David. 

94touring

Quote from: Davisio on November 29, 2013, 06:41:01 PM
Awesome. Awesome. Awesome.

[Do you have to switch the wiper direction since we switched to LHD?]

You're not suppose to notice that.   ;D 

Twichel04

I just wanted to post this here-

It has been almost a year to the day since I went to go look at Flur for the first time, and I snapped this picture-

I cant believe the transformation she's had in the last 12 months. Even less than that actually. I didn't do much at all to the car, and Dan has only had her since April, so really, this transformation has been over the past 7 months  :-\

Great work Dan! Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

94touring

Thanks!   I'm hoping to finish it up next week. 

Davisio

Its super cool to see the evolution. I really appreciate seeing the "before" pictures now that the end is near...

94touring

Fairly productive day.  Got a good portion of engine bay stuff on.  Flushed the radiator before putting it in, lots o mud.  Had to put a couple new studs on the exhaust manifold before tossing it on.  Pics soon.