Wal Mart isn't good at changing tires

Started by 94touring, December 17, 2009, 03:23:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

94touring

Had a rear tire on the BINI go bad, so ordered a tire from tire rack and took her down there for a quick cheap change while I bought oil and wipers to service my girlfriends car.  It turned into an hour and a half of them not being able to take my old tire off.  So down the road to Black's tires and 10 minutes later it was done.   

MPlayle

I have always gotten good service from Discount Tire.  Not always the fastest, but always able to do the job - including the 10" and 12" alloy rims for the classic Minis.  A regular store I used while living in Round Rock, Texas even did a balance and rotate on the last classic I owned for free.  Their "excuse" was I was a regular customer and they thought it was great that I trusted them with such a "unique" car.  Just the looks from other customers as they were doing the work was worth it to them.

At least that is what the manager on duty told me when I tried to pay them for the effort and he refused payment.

MiniGene

It makes you wonder; what IS Walmart good at?  I'd like to think sucking, Walmart is very good at sucking.

94touring

Yes sucking.  I like that usually I can go there and find anything I need at a cheap price though. 

Minicop

I hate Walmart. I wouldn't drive my classic Mini in their parking lot, let alone some thumbless monkeys f*** up one of my most valued posessions.

Find a good specialty guy you can go to. You'll get much better service, make it a point to get to know him a little too, then he'll treat you even better. That's what I do with my Caprice.

The majority of the products Walmart sells are made in sweat shops overseas paying the workers $1 a day.

America (made in China) ;D