Hey! I'm in Jalopnik

Started by BruceK, May 31, 2018, 10:32:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BruceK

Well, my story idea got picked up there by Jason Torchinsky.   And there is a brief mention of my (first) name in the article.   

Alas, my 15 minutes of fame is a bit less than imagined.  And I didn't even get an email thanks back.   Sic transit gloria

https://jalopnik.com/uk-rental-cars-come-with-instructions-on-how-to-drive-a-1826432435
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

BruceK

Quote from: bikewiz on May 31, 2018, 03:59:10 PM
I just reserved a car in France and thought it was interesting the description of each car include manual of automatic. In the US it's assumed it will be auto only.

Yeah I've been told the automatic car rentals in Europe are mostly for the North American tourists. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

gasmini

The price to rent an automatic in England is quite a bit higher than a stick. That's why when I went there four years ago I set in the parking lot for about fifteen minutes practicing going through the gears left handed.

jeff10049

Quote from: BruceK on May 31, 2018, 04:21:29 PM
Quote from: bikewiz on May 31, 2018, 03:59:10 PM
I just reserved a car in France and thought it was interesting the description of each car include manual of automatic. In the US it's assumed it will be auto only.

Yeah I've been told the automatic car rentals in Europe are mostly for the North American tourists.

Now I get it at first I was wondering why do they even rent automatics.
Try to rent a manual trans car here you can't at least I couldn't next time I'll mess with them and tell the rental place I don't know how to drive an automatic.