Year two of participating on the hoa.

Started by 94touring, June 02, 2018, 12:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

94touring

This is my 8th year owning a condo in a high rise condo, actually own one of the townhouses too.  Two years ago Jen and I became involved with the hoa because our dues drastically went up, while the property was starting to look run down.  The election that year that got Jen voted on was contentious to say the least.  As the year went on we figured out who the problem people were on the property and board, kicking one member off.  Scumbags sued, and the law laid down.  This year Jen was re-elected and as President.  I'm the first man!  Jen has turned the place 180 degrees from where it was.  People are even getting along!  We formed sub committees to delegate work to various areas that need attention on the property.  People stepped up and took on ownership of where they live.  We have been redoing the pool, bought all new patio furniture, and threw a party.  Had a resident who has a music school bring out students and singers to play live music.  She was even on the Voice a few years ago.  A solid 600 people live here and I know a couple hundred showed up for our party, which bled over to our local bar across the street.  People who use to hate each other were hugging.  It was a real site to see.  This week the board summoned me to deal with the worn down hot tub situation adjacent to the pool.  Rip the sum-bitch out and lets make an outdoor kitchen!  We have a budget of 10k to get it done.  I'll be posting more pics as this all comes together.  But this is my foot print on the place.  I'll be taking a jack hammer to the concrete slabs we found this week. 

BruceK

Congratulations to Jen!  That must be very satisfying to realize the great turnaround. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

jeff10049

4.gif   Didn't you also run and get elected for something to do with the board a year or two ago or just Jen?
I was just wondering how this was going a day or two ago and you posted an update.
I think it was after seeing the picture of the rocks coming from under the door of the condo that I remembered Jen and you were part of the HOA.

MiniGene

That's a great story about a community coming together.  Seems like all we hear about the US is that everybody hates everybody everybody else. 

94touring

Quote from: jeff10049 on June 03, 2018, 10:34:47 PM
4.gif   Didn't you also run and get elected for something to do with the board a year or two ago or just Jen?
I was just wondering how this was going a day or two ago and you posted an update.
I think it was after seeing the picture of the rocks coming from under the door of the condo that I remembered Jen and you were part of the HOA.

I didn't run since my schedule is so hectic.  I was more of the campaign person the 1st year.  After she was in and people saw her work, there was no need to campaign on the re election.