TV Series/Movies

Started by jeff10049, August 28, 2016, 09:04:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeff10049

Noticed Jim's post about Stranger Things Wife and I started watching it got hooked on it. We're also waiting for the next season of Person of Interest.

So Jim and others what are some Other  Movies or Series you enjoy on Netflix or amazon?

Jims5543

Stranger things will ruin you. Such a well done series with insane plot twists. Hard to beat that.

We are pretty hooked on Hell on Wheels it is an AMC series we did not know was even on TV and now it is on Netflix been on TV since 2011.

We do not have cable / direct TV, haven't for a while. So we try to watch series.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

ADRay

I usually only watch one "hour-long drama" at a time, I'm watching Hell On Wells right now.

Great show, drew me in very fast, and 5 whole seasons on Netflix.
1982 Mini 1000 HL
@andyray998

jeff10049

yep were waiting for the next hell on wheels season to hit Netflix. one more episode of stranger things and were back to waiting on a season to hit Netflix or amazon as we no longer have cable/ sat haven't for years actually. 

So other than series please still post if they're good but...

Quality movies seem hard to come by these days movies like Green Mile, Shawshank redempton, Sling Blade, Cool hand luke, and Oh brother where art though. Are there any new movies like these still being made?

Jims5543

Keep an eye out for this to hit Netflix or Amazon, we took the 12 y/o to see it over the weekend and to be honest, I was going to sit it out, stay home and work on the Mini.  But, family time, even if we are going to the movie,s is important.

I was glad I went, as I said I was not really interested in seeing this, it was not even on my radar. It is an animation and I figured it was going to be really cheesy.

I was wrong, it was really well done, graphically stunning, the story line had some darkness to it and it turned out to be a really well done movie.

It's called Kubo and the Two Strings.  Rotten Tomatoes gave it a 96 with movie goers giving it a 88 out of 100.

Tip, keep the credits rolling my son and I were stunned when they gave a behind the scenes look at how they made some of the movie.

QuoteCritics Consensus: Kubo and the Two Strings matches its incredible animation with an absorbing -- and bravely melancholy -- story that has something to offer audiences of all ages.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4302938/

Have you seen "The Rum Diary" I am a huge HST fan so I may be a biased but I liked the movie (as usual the book is way better) and Giovanni Ribisi gives what I think is the best performance in the movie, I thought he showed up Depp.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0376136/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_16

If you have read the book the movie will piss you off, it took me a while to get over it and just let the movie stand on its own, I will say the movie is a blown opportunity, the book is 10X better.

I have not looked for this one but it is on my find and watch list. "The Nice Guys" with Russel Crow and Ryan Gosling.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3799694/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Ok gotta get this done now.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

MiniDave

Any good movies out these days? We don't have Netflix or Amazon tho.....

I know Blade Runner is out now, but most of the reviews have not been kind, plus it's over two hours long - we aren't leaving da boyz alone in the house that long yet.

Ragnorak or whatever is coming soon, but I'm just about done with the superhero/Marvel/DC character movies......
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad