Adding some cool features to the forum

Started by 94touring, March 29, 2009, 10:45:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

94touring

Ok I'm starting to mod up the forum.  If you go into your profile you can select the "ultimate profile"  and add things like personal pictures, write about yourself, leave comments, ect....  Somewhere in your settings you can toggle what kinda smilies style you want to use too, and there are now a set of country flags to use for avatars too if you like.   

94touring

You'll see we have an arcade for you nerds out there, lol.  I can tell everyone right now I'm unbeatable at tetris and pacman.

94touring

You can now go back to the homepage by clicking "restoration-mini" or "simple machines forum" at the top of the page. 

If anyone out there is any good at graphic design (DEAN) ;D  I could use a good logo for the top of the forum page.   

joltfreak

check out the official website for updates!!!!! 

mini_fly

Minicop

Quote from: 94touring on March 29, 2009, 11:04:11 AM
You'll see we have an arcade for you nerds out there, lol.  I can tell everyone right now I'm unbeatable at tetris and pacman.

;D Haha Touring! Gotcha at Pacman! I used to have Pacman for my Regular Nintendo and became quite good at avoiding the little ghosts!

Unbeatable huh? :D  (just kidding) ;)

Minicop

Damn Touring!! The Arcade is just a little too much fun! This could keep me entertained for years! :D I'm going to be spending a lot of time here!

94touring

I just  recieved a message you beat me.  Damn.  Thats ok, give me time.   ;D

Minicop

Muahahaha! It's on now! :D 8)

Attack of the nerds will now commence! :D

94touring

Haha I like how you've already played half the games in there.  This could get intense. 

94touring

Working on integrating a gallery into the forum that may be more user friendly without all the bugs that people are encountering with the other gallery. 

94touring

Ok that was quick....link is in the bar at the top of the page.  I guess we'll get Batman to test this out and see if it works for him, lol.  If so I think we may go with this gallery.  You can mass upload picstures, upload video, audio, ect....  Seems to be pretty user friendly and hopefully more stable since its within the forum.  I may have to expand the maximum upload amount if people run out of room which is no problem.  Everyone who signs up to the forum can automatically have a gallery, and visitors can view it. 

94touring

I just mass uploaded about 50 pics in one quick shot!   :o

joltfreak

i tried to upload some pics with no luck! >:(

batman1usa

Check the size dummy.......   8)  I'm having no trouble.....   ;D

JD

94touring

Your files are probably too big....dummy.  ;D 

94touring

Quote from: joltfreak on April 03, 2009, 04:08:24 AM
i tried to upload some pics with no luck! >:(

You also may have forgotten to create an album to upload your photos to. 

94touring

Quote from: batman1usa on April 03, 2009, 06:07:19 AM
Check the size dummy.......   8)  I'm having no trouble.....   ;D

JD

I see you happily uploading photos finally, lol. 

Minicop

OK 94. You've got to stop on Pacman!! Your killin' me man! :D At this rate, I'll never be able to catch up! One day, you will get that message that I beat you again. ;D

joltfreak

got it worked out and pics are starting to upload!! ;D

94touring

Quote from: Minicop on April 05, 2009, 06:13:42 AM
OK 94. You've got to stop on Pacman!! Your killin' me man! :D At this rate, I'll never be able to catch up! One day, you will get that message that I beat you again. ;D

Told you I was good, lol.

94touring

94touring

Quote from: Minicop on April 05, 2009, 06:13:42 AM

Haha I liked your comments in there. 

Good luck at tetris too, my highest all time score was 1.3 million.  After awhile I start seeing things like in the Matrix, hahaha. 

batman1usa

You two are spending WAY to much time in the Arcade's.....   1.3 million in tetris???  that's unreal.

94touring

I know I'm spending too much time in there, but I also notice that everytime I'm in there so are you!