got pulled by a cop

Started by 94touring, February 29, 2016, 03:58:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

94touring

This really made me laugh  ;D

Landed in Tulsa and hop in my rx7 and drive home.  I've got the cruise set at 72 in a 65.  I come up on a cop in the right lane.  I'm in my uniform and decide to be ballsy and pass.  He pulls me over.

Cop: Hi
Me: Hello
Cop: What are you doing?
Me: Oh just driving home
Cop:  You passed me
Me: Yeah, about 5 over?
Cop:  Isn't that speeding?
Me:  Well yeah
Cop: You can't do that
Me: Eh
Cop:  Ok well slow down
Me:  Thanks Sir have a nice day.

Willie_B

John Gervais

- Pave the Bay -

Jims5543

Very smooth Dan, balls of steel.

I have a very good friend that is a cop, he just made detective but used to be road patrol.

He rarely pulled anyone over for speeding unless they were being a bag of cocks.

He speeds in his civilian life and would be a hypocrite if he pulled every person over he saw speeding.

He does have a hatred for stupid drivers and admitted to me the other day he has pulled over assholes and screamed at them. Then caught himself and apologized.

We get this move a lot down here in Florida in the winter, an old person will realize they are passing someplace they wanted to go, instead of going up the road and turning around (because that would waste time and they are busy being retired) they stop dead in the road causing everyone behind them to slam on their brakes then wait until everyone has gone around them to made the lane change and turn into the establishment they wanted to go to.

No amount of horn blaring will falter their determination to get into that parking lot.

This is why I do NOT carry.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

Jims5543

Talking with my friend the other night. He told me a funny story.

He was sitting a light, a new M5 flies around the corner in front of him drifting around as the light was turning red.

He thinks, that was a sweet M5 and that was a hell of a good job taking that turn that fast. He decides to pull the guy, mostly because he did it right if front of a police car, but, he was not going to write a ticket, just warn to guy to take it easy, tell him about track days at the local track and check out the car, if this guy was a car guy and not driving an accessory he was not getting a ticket.

Guy rolls down his window and pot smoke wafts from the car......

My friend yells at the guy, tells him he WAS going with a warning but now we get to play 20 questions. He asks the guy if there is any weed in the car, he produces a bag of it. This will not be the first time he flushes a bag and lets someone off.  He asks the guy if there is anything else.... long pause, yes, Steroids, complete with needle and vile. 

What was going to be a warning is now an arrest, the DEA is very interested in this guy because the gym he was purchasing from has been under surveillance for a while now.

I laughed after he told the story, my cousin a cop too, we got into an argument one night about pulling over people for stupid shit, he does it all the time, many times he finds bad people behind the wheel driving with no insurance no license and a warrant out for their arrest. He justifies pulling people over because it is akin to fishing, you let a lot go but you find some real keepers.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

94touring

I did a ride along with my tropper buddy.  We pulled all sorts of people for various things.  Most only got warnings.  And generally speaking everyone was very polite as they should be.  We did have one arrest but the guy wrecked and was high on drugs.  The field sobriety test was kinda sad he was so far gone. 

Shrimps

Quote from: Jims5543 on March 03, 2016, 05:04:39 AM
I laughed after he told the story, my cousin a cop too, we got into an argument one night about pulling over people for stupid shit, he does it all the time, many times he finds bad people behind the wheel driving with no insurance no license and a warrant out for their arrest. He justifies pulling people over because it is akin to fishing, you let a lot go but you find some real keepers.

I could never be a cop.  In this country you're supposed to be innocent until proven guilty.  To be a cop you have to think guilty until proven innocent.  Something I can't do.

I understand the whole fishing game of pulling people over for stupid stuff but it gives cops a bad name.  Hopefully your cousin doesn't also wonder why people don't like cops as he plays a large part why!

Jims5543

Both friend and cousin are both gear heads.

Cousin gives lots and lots of warnings too.  He also pulls over cool cars doing stupid shit and gives a warning but mostly to talk cars with the driver because he is bored. He works a very affluent town and there is zero crime there.

Both guys are the coolest cops you could over be pulled over by.

I have another story, they were both on the same call, teens with beer and weed and my friend let them go.  I have work to do maybe later.

Jims5543

94touring

Jims5543

My buddy, when he was patrol, gets a call to go to the beach, there is a report of a party on the beach with under age drinking.

Since the beach is very close to my cousins affluent town, it is common for the affluent cops to back up the county deputies. 

My friend gets to the beach and it is evening pretty dark out, he finds about four college age kids hanging around on the beach talking. He walked up and tells them why he was called out there. they tell him there were a few others, they are home on spring break and just catching up.

He asks if there is any beer, they open the cooler and it has a few left in it. He asks how many are over 21, none, he then asks them to just pour out the beers. He tells them, "Look, I know pieces of shit when I meet them, I deal with pieces of shit every day you guys are not pieces of shit, so just pour out the beers and lets go on our way".

Then he notices a pelican case, like waterproof case, asks what is in that, weed.  He tells them, look I am trying not to ruin your life here and you are making it hard for me. Lets get up to the bathroom, flush the weed, I will call in to dispatch that it was just some kids hanging our no booze no drugs and we can all move on with our lives. He told them not to be so stupid in the future as well or something like that.

As my fiend turns to take the one kid up to the bathroom to do the toilet honors, he sees my cousin who has been hanging in the background backing up just in case. Neither of them said another word about that night and they saw each other often.

I thought it was very cool of my friend to cut those kids a break like that. The dude with the weed in the M5 was getting a pass too, until the steroids took center stage..

Just remember for every story you read in the news when everything went to shit and a person got shot, there are thousands of stories like these.

I always taught my son, if you get pulled over or if you did something stupid and garnered yourself the attention of the police, you do what the nice police man tells you to do, if you do not like it, take it up with a lawyer later.  My son was always getting pulled over when he has his black E30, every time, him and the cop or cops ended up bullshitting for a while and shaking hands before he was let go. One time a car that looked like his was involved in a drive by shooting. My son had shotgun shells on the back floor board from being at the shooting range the day before. By the time he was let go he was friend with some of the cops there. Attitude is everything.

MiniDave

I was at the gym early one morning, when I went to leave I noticed a cop in his car across the street watching me without watching me if you get my drift, by the time I got to my car I saw another car just down the street from the parking lot, and another on the side street. I shrugged it off and got in my car, the minute I hit the street one of the cars was on my bumper with lights on, so I pulled right over, and got out to see what was up. The cop immediately relaxed and said "Hang on a minute I'll be right with you." We stood there for about a minute and I asked what was up - he said hang on, then got a message over his radio and said there'd been a robbery and shooting early that morning and the suspect was driving a car matching mine, but as mine didn't have any bullet holes in it and the suspect was black, they decided I must not be the guy.....but I always wondered, was the bad guy really driving a white Porsche 914?
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Jims5543

He was probably driving a white del sol  so they are looking at all the white cars that looked like it.

I may have typed this story before. If I did I apologize.

I got pulled over when I was 20 years old in Longwood a suburb Northwest of Orlando, I was speeding in my brand new back then Suzuki Samurai. I was in a suit and on my way home from a evening church service.  The cop had a problem with this 20 year old in a brand new trendy car right off the bat. This was the height of the yuppy years.  I was far from being a Bud Fox but I thought it would be prudent to not say I was coming home from church, but simply a meeting. (young and stupid I was) This set him off further, he made me get out of my car sand on the side of the road while he screamed at me, made me read "to protect and serve" off the side  of his car then go on a 10 minute tirade about how assholes like me make his job difficult.  I will not lie, I was pretty damn scared he was going to hit me or something.  I just stood there with my "no sir, yes sirs" and took his verbal beating.

He made me get back in the car, then came back after 20 minutes and gave me a warning and told me to never speed in his town again.

I met an asshole, I could have escalated it, I quickly realized he was unstable and to just let him make himself feel better.  I may have been young and dumb but not that dumb.

I have met a few assholes over the years, I have also met some cool cops, sadly I get pulled over for speeding a lot.